We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween 2018

Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Halloween 2018

Hi all,

I’m heading back to Nola for the 3rd time this year!! I thought Halloween would be a prime time to go!!

Can someone advise what it’s like in terms of dress-up on a night out... are there good costume shops? Or places that do good face painting?

Any comments would be good! Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
970 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: Halloween 2018

There is a place on Decatur (right by the Italian restaurant), it has a pink roll down door.... they have costumes galore!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,353 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Halloween 2018

Costuming will be prevalent on Saturday and Wednesday evenings and nights. I would bring a costume so that I wouldn’t need to spend time shopping; but some folks like to spend time shopping. Costumes and supplies are readily available. Some interesting stuff if you want to spend time combing through the second hand stores on Magazine St. Face painting, and body painting, are available, but you should make arrangements, or at least have a plan, several days in advance. Employees in the casual women’s apparel shops close to your lodging might be helpful in directing you to the painters. There’s a face/body painting place on St Peter St across from Preservation Hall.

Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Halloween 2018

Thanks both! Need to still decide on an outfit! 😂

los angeles
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Halloween 2018

GoNola just wrote about Costume shops and other Halloween stuff. GoNola.com

Reply to: Halloween 2018