We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any 2 bedroom accommodations?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
659 posts
100 reviews
Any 2 bedroom accommodations?

I'm looking for (preferably) a 2-bedroom hotel room for 4 people. We could probably get away with getting a two queen hotel room, but I thought it would be nice to have the space to get away. We would be staying the first full week of February. I've read previous posts that suggested the French Quarter? Hotel, but there is no vacancy. I've also considered renting a private condo, but many of the hotels are in better locations. I'd like to be located somewhere that we would have the option of going somewhere for a quick drink/meal if needed. I think I would like to stay near Bourbon Street or French Quarter.

Best Seller
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
1,095 Reviews
from US$ 48.00*
Best Seller
Steamboat Natchez Harbor Cruise
783 Reviews
from US$ 34.00*
Experience Cajun Country: Swamp Boat...
774 Reviews
from US$ 176.00*
8 replies to this topic
College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,240 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Any 2 bedroom accommodations?

For two bedroom suites in the French Quarter try The Saint Phillip Hotel, Inn on St. Peter, and Lafitte Guest House. Courtyard Iberville in the French Quarter has very nice Double King Suites with two completely separate (door between) sleeping areas. The well located Quarter House has two-bedroom condo type apartments.

Right across the street from the French Quarter, in Marigny, try Lamothe House. In the Central Business District, about four blocks (the blocks are short) from the French Quarter, Staybridge Suites (two bedrooms/two baths).

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,819 posts
147 reviews
2. Re: Any 2 bedroom accommodations?

I have a friend who has a unit at Quarter House that loopwhole mentioned. It is very nice. Two separate bedrooms, shared kitchen, dining area, and living area. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom - very spacious and there is a nice courtyard in the center where you can gather for a drink. Great location in the Quarter. I think that to reserve you have to contact them directly. It is a timeshare but they rent out the unused units nightly and there is no timeshare presentation required.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
430 posts
100 reviews
3. Re: Any 2 bedroom accommodations?

We enjoyed staying at the Staybridge in the CBD. It was a very convenient location, short walk to the Quarter and great places to eat and drink nearby. :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,616 posts
632 reviews
4. Re: Any 2 bedroom accommodations?

Yeah the Inn on St Peter is what I would recommend if you get a suite.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
659 posts
100 reviews
5. Re: Any 2 bedroom accommodations?

Are many of the hotel pools heated? I would think not...and I'm assuming it will be too cool in February to swim (outside). I've also noticed most hotel don't have a hot tub - whats up with that??

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
6. Re: Any 2 bedroom accommodations?

New Orleans isn't a sit in the hot tub and chill type of city. You will want to be on the street hearing the music, eating the food, seeing the history. Been almost 30 times and can only remember getting in a pool once.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,240 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Any 2 bedroom accommodations?

No Southerner would even consider swimming outdoors during February, heated pool or not. The previously mentioned Quarter House has a Jacuzzi. Lamothe House has spa section within the pool. You would want to call to confirm spa/Jacuzzi availability during February.

Edited: 20 September 2018, 00:47
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
659 posts
100 reviews
8. Re: Any 2 bedroom accommodations?

kfmtp - I'm thinking for more when we decide to go back to the room at night.

Loopwhole - I hear that. It always cracks us (snowbirds) up when we go to Florida, etc. during their "chilly" months. We will be in full blown summer attire and they have jackets and pants on.

Reply to: Any 2 bedroom accommodations?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted