We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New place to stay!!

Philadelphia...
3 posts
New place to stay!!

Looking to go back to New Orleans. We stayed in the French quarter last time. We really want to stay somewhere a little different. Seen some nice places on Airbnb in bywater, Marigny, treme, and closer to the garden district. Any do and do ya for any of these neighborhoods? Any info would be great

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
42,394 posts
674 reviews
200 helpful votes
1. Re: New place to stay!!

What are you trying to do and for how many days?

Philadelphia...
3 posts
2. Re: New place to stay!!

4 nights. We have been before and did the whole French quarter thing (which I enjoy) but just wanna relax, eat, see some things and see the city a little different

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,786 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: New place to stay!!

I really like the portion of the Lower Garden District bounded by (clockwise) St Charles Ave, Erato St, Magazine St, and Jackson Ave. Lots of shops, restaurants and bars, and pretty good transportation options to the rest of the City.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
126 reviews
231 helpful votes
4. Re: New place to stay!!

Marigny is a great neighborhood which has been featured in dozens of travel magazines. Frenchmen Street has really put it in the limelight. It's the closest neighborhood to the French Quarter, too, particularly if you look at the part of the neighborhood between Esplanade Ave and Elysian Fields.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
10,233 posts
147 reviews
171 helpful votes
5. Re: New place to stay!!

My choice would be the Marigny, for it's close proximity to the French Quarter.

Vancouver, Wa
Level Contributor
693 posts
14 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: New place to stay!!

Marigny! With Who Dat/Café Nero's, The Franklin, Cake Café, Mimi's, Paladar 511...yummmm.

Edited: 16 February 2018, 22:48
Hopkinsville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: New place to stay!!

Try the Terrell House ( a FABULOUS B&B) on Magazine Street!

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
470 posts
100 reviews
31 helpful votes
8. Re: New place to stay!!

I have stayed in the Quarter many times and while I love it there, like you, want to explore different areas. Last March we stayed in the CBD, which I also enjoyed, but found the Lookout Inn in the Bywater when I was researching the area and that's where we are staying this March. Looks like there are awesome neighborhood bars (Bar Redux, Vaughn's, Marky's) and fantastic places to eat (Bacchanal, the Joint, Elizabeth's) all within walking distance. We are going for 4 nights too and CAN NOT WAIT! Every time I research, I find another area I want to stay in. You've gotten some great suggestions so let us know where you decide on. Happy planning! :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
49 reviews
18 helpful votes
9. Re: New place to stay!!

The Bywater is really low key yet still convenient. Franklin to Poland and Chartres to St. Claude (maybe Rampart because St. Claude might be a little noisy. Check out Vaughn’s, The Joint, Parleaux Beer Lab, Bachanal, BJs Lounge and Bar Redux. Oh and Pizza Delicious, Brats Y’all.... it’s pretty happening for a sleepy neighborhood!

10. Re: New place to stay!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2019, 10:46