We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue crab claws

Evanston
Level Contributor
119 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Blue crab claws

Hi can anyone tell me if there is a place to purchase near the Quarter where I can buy some to bring home? Thanks so much.

3 replies to this topic
new orleans, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue crab claws

If you mean fashiomed into jewerly, i think the french market would he the best shot. I dont really remember anything other than gator heads.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue crab claws

You'd have a sack of salmonella by the time you arrived home unless they were precooked properly and packed in dry ice. No Seafood markets near the FQ. Try Big Fisherman on Magazine Street. They're called Crab Fingers.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,132 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue crab claws

B-I-L gets them, along with other seafood, down in Lafitte, LA, and has them packaged in dry ice, and seafood shipping box. He then sends “Counter-to-Counter” on Southwest, and I pick up my box of seafood.

Closest, that comes to mind would be Bevi, neat City Park. Not sure if they have service to air freight the purchase though?

Now, I have seen folk ship seafood as checked luggage, but one DOES need to have it packaged properly.

Good luck,

Hunt

Reply to: Blue crab claws
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted