We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Quarter Suggestions

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
264 posts
17 reviews
French Quarter Suggestions

We will be in town December 2-5th. We would like to keep the room under $200 - would prefer boutique or classic New Orleans type hotel. I checked the Valentino properties and not much availability as we would like a King bed with a window. We like to walk but will use Uber when necessary. Suggestions are appreciated!

Best Seller
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
1,100 Reviews
from US$ 48.00*
Experience Cajun Country: Swamp Boat...
776 Reviews
from US$ 176.00*
Best Seller
Steamboat Natchez Harbor Cruise
788 Reviews
from US$ 34.00*
4 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1. Re: French Quarter Suggestions

If you can move your arrival to Sunday for three-four nights, you'll avoid the premium charge at all hotels for Saturday night stays. Still more music and food that you can take in on a 4 day trip.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,261 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: French Quarter Suggestions

Dauphine Orleans, a well located and reputable “NewOrleanish” boutique, is showing rooms with a king bed available on your dates for under $200 (plus tax) per night.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
264 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: French Quarter Suggestions

@Loophole - thank you for the quick response. Any preference between Main House, Carriage House or Hermann House?

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,261 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: French Quarter Suggestions

I’ve only visited rooms in the main house, and they were fine. I would probably go with one of the upgraded king rooms, since they’re within your budget. Check out the reviews. A lot of folks on this Forum have stayed there; you might want to start a “Dauphine Orleans Main, Carriage or Hermann” thread.

Reply to: French Quarter Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted