We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plane flying to chicago

makati
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
Save Topic
plane flying to chicago

hello guys,

what non stop planes do you recommend going to chicago? thanks

16 replies to this topic
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: plane flying to chicago

You have four options: American, Spirit, or United to Chicago O'Hare, or Southwest to Chicago Midway.

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
417 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: plane flying to chicago

We've taken the Spirit non-stop that leaves at 8:00 and returns at 18;00. We'll spend almost 3 entire days there and only 2 nights this week (leaving Wednesday morning, returning Friday). Have done this flight 4 or 5 times and it has always been on time and comfortable and reasonable rates. Be sure you read the "bare fare" information so there are no surprises. Everything is extra which is nice for us as we don't need a darn thing over and above a seat!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,311 posts
1,294 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: plane flying to chicago

We always use the UA flights, BUT we have high status on UA, so use them, even when schedules/routes might not be as convenient, as some other airlines.

So far, always great flights.

Good luck,

Hunt

chicago
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: plane flying to chicago

We use American whenever possible, Southwest as a second choice, and Spirit only as a last resort. United is usually the priciest of the three.

Unless Spirit is $80 or more less than American, it won't save you money by the time they charge you for your "options."

American, United, and Spirit fly to O'Hare airport; Southwest flies to Midway. Both are about the same distance from the Chicago City Center.

Edited: 09 October 2017, 04:02
New Orleans...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: plane flying to chicago

Southwest all the time. I fly to Chicago to visit family a lot. Usually I can book $44, $59, or $80 one-way tickets. No baggage fees PLUS Midway puts you a LOT closer to the loop (makes going to the North or Southside a lot easier via the El).

Edited: 10 October 2017, 02:01
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29,192 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: plane flying to chicago

Spirit for prices.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
693 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: plane flying to chicago

If you are an over-packer like i am, you will want to keep in mind of those airline options, I believe Southwest is the only one who allows 2 full size checked bags plus a carry-on plus a purse or backpack. Extra bag fees would kill me! Good Luck!

makati
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: plane flying to chicago

thank you for the replies!

i just have one big luggage and a back pack.

makati
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: plane flying to chicago

i chose southwest on dec 14 bec of the time 6;55pm one way. hows the price $159?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: plane flying to chicago

One way? $159 is what we usually pay.

Reply to: plane flying to chicago
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted