We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving week

Yakima, Wa.
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Thanksgiving week

I have been trying to search previous posts regarding recommendations for Thanksgiving dinner. We are not necessarily set on traditional turkey dinner, but more a special meal for the day. Is Tujague's still the restaurant of choice? Also, we have been to New Orleans 9 out of the last 10 years, but always around the 2nd week of November. Never over Thanksgiving. We understand things will be a bit crazy through the weekend after and making dinner reservations would be recommended. How about the week following? Do things quiet down? We normally resist booking anything ahead of time and prefer to see where the city and the mood takes us.

6 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,562 posts
1,819 reviews
1. Re: Thanksgiving week

Tujague’s has a unique, New Orleans take on Thanksgiving Dinner, and I highly recommend it.

tujaguesrestaurant.com/news-and-events/…

Enjoy!

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,562 posts
1,819 reviews
2. Re: Thanksgiving week

As for the crowds, yes, after the Bayou Classic, things do slow down, and by quite a bit.

Enjoy,

Hunt

los angeles
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Thanksgiving week

I think most of the Hotels will host a Thanksgiving Dinner, as they are usually open on all Holidays.

Shafter, California
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Thanksgiving week

I've been following the New Orleans forum for about 2 mos. I've also have a trip to NOLO planned 11/23 to 11/26. and I've been researching Thanksgiving meals too.

I have concluded with making Thanksgiving dinner resv at Red fish grill Thanksgiving buffet. The menu looks like it will be a fusion of a traditional meal and NOLA style plus a lot of items I would like to try while in NOLA so its a win win for me.

Here is a link to Red fish grill, New Orleans, Thanksgiving menu: www.redfishgrill.com/menu_display.html?id=379

I hope this helps since I have only research to go on and no personal experience.

Yakima, Wa.
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Thanksgiving week

Thanks you all for your help. I think we are leaning towards Tujague’s for Thanksgiving at this point. However, Red Fish Grill is definitely on our list for this trip. One of those restaurants we just have not been able to visit for what ever reason in the past. I will definitely have a look at their T'day menu. Thanks again.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Thanksgiving week

Hi everyone. Curious for some feedback from those of you who ended up vising NOLA for Thanksgiving last year...thanks!

Reply to: Thanksgiving week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted