We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beginers dive

aberdeen
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
beginers dive

im looking to do a beginers dive when im at kuramathi!

ive looked at the costs on the website but im getting confused by all the prices for equipment.

do you get a price for a beginers dive that includes all this?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,428 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: beginers dive

i think you are looking at the discover scuba .. its explained here gyazo.com/f9bc828e8b66b457ace084d5bd1bc36a .. which s ipart of kuramathis pdf file kuramathi.com/recreation/…dive-courses.html

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: beginers dive

There is the Discover Scuba Dive (spammie 's first link) which includes all equipment for USD 115 + 12% GST which is basically a try dive in the lagoon just to give you a taste 'breathing ' underwater and a feel for the gear and introduces you to some of the basic skills you need to go diving.

If you are game for more but don't want to take a course there is a Repeat Discover Scuba From The Boat - which adds an extra 'proper' dive on. This is $122 plus 12% GST and includes all equipment and the boat fee (you will have an instructor or dive master with you)

Whatever you choose do take your own properly fitted mask - although the dive centres will have masks to lend they may not have one best fitted to your own unique features and if snorkelling is uncomfortable with a badly fitted, leaky mask it's so much worse when diving.

Basingstoke...
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
274 reviews
3. Re: beginers dive

I second the leaky mask... I have done diving once (twice if you include the learnining to dive and then a secondary dive) ... my mask kept leaking and the whole experience was annoying at best.... we plan to to the above.. so discover scuba and then the repeat dive when we visit in May so will be sure to speak to the instructors about this :-)

4. Re: beginers dive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi