We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inoculations and malaria tablets

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Inoculations and malaria tablets

Some people say you need typhoid, yellow fever and hep A as well as malaria tablets but the travel rep said you don't! could someone please confirm this to me please.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inoculations and malaria tablets

All you need is a good quality mozzie repellent.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inoculations and malaria tablets

Those inoculations are perhaps be more relevant if you are staying on a locally inhabited island but not a requirement on a resort island (Kuramathi?) I would just make sure your tetanus etc is up to date (for travel anywhere abroad really) and maybe sea sickness pills if you are taking the speedboat transfer, especially in the wet monsoon season when the channel crossing could be more choppy.

Mentioned in this post
Kuramathi Island Resort
Kuramathi Island Resort
4,186 Reviews
Kuramathi
Male
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inoculations and malaria tablets

The Maldives is not a malarial country. Make sure your regular travel inoculations are up to date and that's all you need. Bring mosquito repellant as there is dengue fever (as there is in about 100+ other countries worldwide) for which there's no vaccination.

Kat

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inoculations and malaria tablets

Many thanks that's eased my mind a bit.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inoculations and malaria tablets

Thanks for your reply that's eased my mind as travelling the 25th of this month.

6. Re: Inoculations and malaria tablets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi
Recent Conversations