We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

Southport
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

I would like to book a week in kuramathi for my honeymoon in March but have seen on line that you have to get up at 5.30 onwards to stand in a queue to book in the a la carte restauraunts for dinner! Is this still the case? This would ruin my holiday. Kind regards. Michelle

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

we were at Kuramathi at 98% occupancy. We booked the Reef the most populkar at 3 pm for 7 pm that nuight and at the same time booked The Island BBQ for the next day also at 7 pm. After that we wandered down to breakfast at 9 pm and booked for the next day for whereever we wanted to go. Of the 3 sittings, (7,8,9PM), 7PM is the easiest to get. I nhave read the reviews. Some say (like me), they could always get what they wanted no problem whilst others say they had to Q all night or get up at 5.30am or camp out at reception like getting tickets to a Pink Floyd concert. I know who i would believe.

Southport
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

Thanks John Paul, that's very helpfull How was the snorkelling? :)

3. Re: Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 06:35
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

snorkelling was good enough especially for a first timer. although a linear reef (with some reef at the foot of the island) there are plenty of cut throughs to allow access. More sharks and rays at Kuramathi than all the other islands we have been to combined.

Edited: 12 November 2014, 18:54
Fornebu, Norway
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,275 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

Just be aware that you are officially not allowed to bring drinks to your room, and minibar with only soft drinks.

Maybe it doesnt matter for you, but it would if it was my once in a lifetime (hopefully) honeymoon.

I have not been to Kuramathi, so I can not verify that its true. Think I read a thread about it recently. Just wanted to mention it, in case its important.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

We always took back bottles of wine (from the restaurants) and cans of beer (from the bars) back to the room no problems. For every 1 person who says there was a problem doing this, another 9 say its not a problem. For me on holiday the glass is always half full, not half empty. For others, the glass is always empty, it always rains, and there is always a scuff mark on the skirting board or a squeaky shower head. Look for problems and you will find them. Or you can try and solve problems and have a great holiday.

Fornebu, Norway
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,275 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

For me it would still make a deal, paying a lot and not be sure about it. And what if you want to sit up enjoying the stars a few hours extra one night, and both want 2-3 beer each. But I understand that it is not a big deal to everyone.

Edited: 12 November 2014, 22:11
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

We went in sept this year and always booked after breakfast and had no problems getting the restaurant we wanted! We regularly took wine, beer and even a cocktail back to our room.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

Am going in March, with the All Inclusive Select. I would guess the 5:30am thing is rubbish, given there are 7 restaurants I can't see it being a problem. I imagine on some days some of them may be booked early, but given we plan to try them all we will go with whatever is available, and slowly tick them off the list!

I imagine Reef may book up fairly quickly given the reviews. But good to see what others who have been have to say.

Basingstoke...
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Queuing to book a la carte restaurant

The camping out for pink flloyd tickets did make me laugh!!!!! :-)

Is it just dinner you have to book for?

We're there for 8 nights so just plan to eat at whatever slot we can. Is it just two days ahead you can book or one day ahead?

Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi
Recent Conversations