We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrible weather forecast !

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Terrible weather forecast !

Morning all,

Despite my better judgement, i've been looking at a variety of weather forecasts for Kuramathi, as we fly there next week for our honeymoon.

The forecast is awful, thunderstorms and rain every day.

I know there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, but anyone able to raise my hopes slightly for a glimmer of sunshine in a long awaited holiday?!

Thank you :)

29 replies to this topic
2 posts
21. Re: Terrible weather forecast !

We've arrived today at noon in Malé under slight rain and went straight to Baros. Been cloudy the whole day - no sunshine at all. Feels gloomy.

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
149 reviews
22. Re: Terrible weather forecast !

Arrived Kandolhu lunchtime via Male. Bright with hazy sunshine all afternoon but duller last couple of daylight hours. Only rain was during sea plane flight.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,621 posts
34 reviews
23. Re: Terrible weather forecast !

Maybe we should have a permanent 'weather watch' thread where people can just add their location and the weather on an ongoing basis (resort and atoll)..that way anyone can look at any time and see what's happening at the resort they are travelling to, or a nearby one.

Also, anyone could scroll back and look and see what was happening at a given time in the past (might not do them any good, but people do like to know what has happened historically in, say, July).

Edited: 21 September 2018, 19:55
Wirral, United...
1 post
24. Re: Terrible weather forecast !

I'm glad you asked that question as we also fly out next week for our honeymoon and I have felt so deflated with the weather forecast but as the weather forecast for our wedding a week last Friday was rain, I am hopeful that the UK weather app for the Maldives is wrong! Lol 😊

London, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
18 reviews
25. Re: Terrible weather forecast !

For those who are still worried, today's forecast was rain and chance of thunderstorm. When we went for breakfast, it was raining slightly. By the time we finished it was glorious sunshine. And since then, it's continued and we've just managed to find an empty couple of seats at the bar under the shades. It's boiling

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
149 reviews
26. Re: Terrible weather forecast !

Still on kandolhu, north ari atoll. Not sure where Nadandnil are but yesterday was dull and overcast in morning with couple of light showers and brightened up in afternoon with increasing sunshine which made for fab sunset and rising full moon! Hot n sunny this morning we don't look at any of the forecasts any more!

London, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
18 reviews
27. Re: Terrible weather forecast !

We're at Vilamendhoo.

We had a beach BBQ under the full moon last night. The resort weren't sure if it was going to go ahead due to rain forecasted. No rain and very little cloud, beautiful night under the full moon.

This morning, sunshine again with some clouds.

Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
28. Re: Terrible weather forecast !

I hate to say but it's that time of year where you're going to get storms, I stayed last November for 12 nights and think it rained for 10 of the 12 days, 1 day it didn't stop until early evening.

Still had an amazing time though, hope you have a great honeymoon.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
354 posts
57 reviews
29. Re: Terrible weather forecast !

We visited last October and are due to return in two week for another 10 days.

Like you I was worried about the weather forcast - We landed in a storm and it was raining in the sea plane transfer - I was past myself!!!

That was the only cloud and rain we saw for the next days - forcast still said Raina no cloud all day but it was sunny warm with blue skies on Vilamendhoo

Hoping for the same in 13 days time when we arrive

Reply to: Terrible weather forecast !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi
Recent Conversations