We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

Very excited to say that we are booked for our second holiday to Kuramathi in February 2018.

This is our 7th time to the Maldives and it’s quite something to leave the UK when it’s cold and grey arriving in the Maldives with it being 30 degrees plus.

Just over 6 months to wait now :-)

63 replies to this topic
Bristol
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
51. Re: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

Hi - we visited at the beginning of July. We experienced sunshine all morning usually whilst snorkelling. During the afternoons we had the odd shower but it honestly didn't last very long. We sat in the Laguna bar with a cocktail or two, and before we knew it, the rain had passed and the sun came out again! The Maldives in our experience is not like the UK, where it can rain all day. Don't worry about the weather, just look forward to it - you'll have an incredible time. And congratulations!

2 posts
52. Re: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

Booked last week to go back for a second time. Was in a Deluxe Water Villa last time and in a DBV with Jacuzzi this time. Travelling 2nd December to 13 December 2018 to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday. I don't think we saw the DBVs last time so can anyone shed any light on which ones are the best to request .Very excited to be going back!!

Hertfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
8 reviews
53. Re: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

The DB Villas with Jacuzzi are split into two sections either side of the reception area in the midlle of the island on the lagoon side. 216- 230 are to the East of the reception and 200- 215 are to the West (so closer to the Palm restaurant). From memory I seem to recall that the beaches to the West of the reception were much better than to the East, so I'd personally request one in the range of 200- 210 which should hopefully get you a nice section of beach very close to your villa. You'd also be closer to the Palm restaurant for lunch.

It's also worth letting them know that you are repeat visitors before you go and ask if they will offer you a free room upgrade to the next category if there is availability.

Fife
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
54. Re: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

We are booked up on the select all inclusive package therefore everything should technically be paid for. Do you settle the service charge on checkout or would people recommend taking some dollars to tip?

Hertfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
8 reviews
55. Re: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

Technically the service charge is included in the price of the AI plan, but many people still leave a small tip in cash after meals or drinks in the bars. Tips should be in US dollars and be sure to have clean and non-ripped notes. You can change larger notes into small bills at reception.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
56. Re: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

I ended up just adding my tips into the bill as i'd often forget to take the dollars out, I'm not sure how the tips are circulated when it's added that way but if we had particularly good service from an individual we'd be sure to go back and try to offer them a cash tip too.

2 posts
57. Re: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

Thanks you very much. Did love a lunch at the Palm!!

Burnham, United...
1 post
1 review
58. Re: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

Hi. We are going in Jan 2019 for 10 nights

Not been before and we are soooooo excited. It's our 30th wedding anniversary this year (just had it 16th July)

So we thought we would have a big holiday.

Lancashire
2 posts
59. Re: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

Ruby Wedding and both of us will also be celebrating 60th Birthdays. Travelling out on the 20th October 2018. 2 days in Dubai first then on to Kuramathi. First time in the Maldives. Getting very excited. Would love to know if there is anyone else travelling during this time.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
60. Re: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.

I'm not travelling at that time - but i'd love to be doing!

You're in for a great holiday!

Reply to: Kuramathi Who’s Booked & When Are You Going.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi
Recent Conversations