We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padma resort ubud - club room

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
62 reviews
Padma resort ubud - club room

Looking at booking this resort but wondering whether to upgrade to club room.

Currently the difference from normal room to club room is $AUD110 (IDR1,200,000) per night.

My understanding is that the club room gives you access to the club suite and afternoon drinks.

Is it worth the extra money? or better off just saving that money and buying drinks at the bar (we do like to drink but dont know if we would spend $55 each in a couple of hours haha)

TIA

5 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,286 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Padma resort ubud - club room

Chris, I guess you need to consider whether you'll actually be at the hotel every afternoon, or many afternoons. As it is far from town, you may be out most of the time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Padma resort ubud - club room

Thank you for your reply. Are there any other benefits of the club room, other than the free alcohol?

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,286 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Padma resort ubud - club room

Sorry, I can't help you with that Chris, Padma is way over my budget and way too far from Ubud for me. That said, it's a nice area that we used to visit regularly as a friend and his wife lived in the nearby village. By car it was around 40 minutes from our hotel in Nyuh Kuning.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,113 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Padma resort ubud - club room

Hi Chris,

As above.

Can't comment on club room etc however will reiterate "cb"s comments. The Padma isn't even in Ubud region. It is 18km from town. Easily 40mins into Ubud on a good day.1hr on a bad.

If you are not interested in eating out and all you are going to do is stay in the hotel 24/7 and drink G&T all afternoon it may be worth the extra.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
119 reviews
5. Re: Padma resort ubud - club room

We just spent a week in the Payangan area - hired a car and drove all over the place. It offers very easy access to Kintamani and Mt Batur. We took the hotel shuttle into Ubud every evening for dinner and it took 20-25 mins. but it wasn't quite as high up as the Padma. The journey into town is pretty quick until you hit the Kedewatan area and it's plethora of hotels close to Ubud town.

I don't think you'd get value for money for the club offer and I'd be inclined to think that the normal bar area there would be pleasant enough. Have a look at it's location on google maps and check out reviews - that should help you to decide if it's what you're looking for. We really loved it up there.

Reply to: Padma resort ubud - club room
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Payangan
Recent Conversations