We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaile Mansion or Bingham-Waggoner Estate-which is better?

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Vaile Mansion or Bingham-Waggoner Estate-which is better?

I'm trying to cram as much into my afternoon in Independence as possible before heading north to Liberty Jail, Far West and Cameron for the night. Will be arriving about 2 pm from Kansas City airport on 7/3. Besides the LDS Visitor's Center and Community of Christ sites,I thought it would be interesting to tour one of the above mansions as soon as we get into Independence. Which one is more interesting to tour, the Vaile Mansion or Bingham-Waggoner Estate? I can get 2 for 1 coupons to both places. I'll have 3 kids with me, ages 16, 19 and 22. Any other must-sees in the area that wouldn't take much time?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
89 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaile Mansion or Bingham-Waggoner Estate-which is better?

I have lived in Independence my whole life. Toured it all... :)

I recommend Vaile Mansion. There is also a water park called Adventure Oasis.

If you want to go for a really big water park Oceans' of Fun. Our theme park with roller coasters and such is called Worlds of Fun. Both of these places are great! We go frequently. Since your kids are older they'll love it.

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaile Mansion or Bingham-Waggoner Estate-which is better?

The VM is cool but...hope you got to tour both!

3. Re: Vaile Mansion or Bingham-Waggoner Estate-which is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 12:47
Get answers to your questions about Independence