We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White sand beach - transportation

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
White sand beach - transportation

I will be in candidasa this Wednesday. I'm trying to arrange for transport to go to the reputed white sand beach or pasir Putih which I heard is about 10 km from candidasa. I will be staying at arco iris resort. I plan to visit the beach in the morning and return after lunch. Total time spent including travel time to and from thenhotel on the beach will 4 hours thereabouts. Can anyone tell me how best to do this? There is a group of 8 persons in our group. Many thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White sand beach - transportation

If the weather is lovely it is wonderful to go to Pasir Putih by jukung (fishing boat) but if you have limited time you are better off going by car. I am not sure where your hotel is, but assuming central Candi Dasa, it will probably take close to 30 minutes by road - specially if you are stuck behind a truck going up and over the hill outside Candi Dasa, then the un-paved road down to the beach is slow.

There are many, many drivers in CD who will be falling over themselves to take you to Pasir Putih. Expect to pay around 200,000 IDR including waiting time per car.

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White sand beach - transportation

Hi, If we're coming from Ubud or the Legian area, around how long of a drive is this beach? Would a regular cabbie be willing to drive all the way there and wait?

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White sand beach - transportation

From Ubud it would take about 2 - 21/2 hours to Pasir Putih and any driver would be delighted to take you, wait while you swam and had lunch and then bring you back to your hotel. Depending on how long you want to spend at the beach you could squeeze in a visit to a temple or some other attraction. You would pay the going rate for a full day trip which would be about 450,000IDR.

I'm sorry I don't know how long it would be from Legian.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,863 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White sand beach - transportation

It would bve a similar time from Legian - around 2.5 hours and a little less from Ubud, always dependent on traffic.

Reply to: White sand beach - transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Karangasem
Recent Conversations
More Karangasem Topics