We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport within Amed area

Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Transport within Amed area

Hi, we,re going to be staying near the Japanese ship wreck which i understand is a little way from warungs etc, can anyone tell me if there is much in this area, we love to walk but understand walking may be a bit difficult? How easy and what price for short one way trips to lipah, can anyone recommend Cafes who would pick us up ? Thankyou so much

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport within Amed area

It seems to me that these days a driver won't even get out of bed for less than 50,000 rupiah. If you are happy to hop on the back of a scooter the price is much less. The pricier Cafes will pick you up, but probably not the local Warungs. You won't be stuck though as there are so many people trying to earn a few thousand rupiah. Just ask your accommodation, the staff will be very happy to help you.

I was snorkelling this morning at Lipah - the beach was clean, the waves were gently rolling and the sun was smiling. I sailed there and back in a jukung - it is a pricier option than going by car or bike, but gives you a different perspective of the coast, I recommend it.

Have fun!

SansSouci
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport within Amed area

We met a one of the nicest guys Adi, he sent his cousin Robby (who is also just as nice) to transport us from Jemeluk to the Japanese wreck & Lipah beach (Coral Garden) He stayed with us the whole time.

Other drivers charged Rp200,000 just to drop us at the Japanese wreck and come back about 4hrs later to pick us up.

We left our homestay at 9am and arrived back around 1pm. There were four of us so split the cost Rp240,000.

Robby also arranged a jukung trip along the coast and we returned as the sun was setting so were able to watch a beautiful sunset, Wayan (jukung) dropped us back to the beach in front of our homestay, Rp300,000 again for the four of us.

Nengah Adi

+62 (0) 87 861 585 264

adinengah80388@gmail.com

Edited: 26 May 2016, 16:01
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport within Amed area

Thanks Jan , can't wait to get there

Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport within Amed area

Thanks sumahama, sounds great

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport within Amed area

There are several restaurants which will pick up/drop off if you book a table. Komang John's at Blue Moon Villas. Worth arriving before sunset to watch sun setting over the ocean. The Beer & Grill. Life in Amed. Warung Enak. Sails. Lunch at the latter is good with ocean views.

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport within Amed area

Oh Jan that sounds amazing.

South Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport within Amed area

We stayed in Baliku Resort opposite the Japanese Wreck. There was a nice restaurant right next door, up the stairs with a fabulous view. Within walking distance was AquaTerrace which had a amazing restaurant, and Komang Johns which was great too. We walked a few times to these restaurants and it's pretty hot but manageable, we did it with 2 kids and there's hardly any traffic and you can hear it coming so we thought it was safe....probably a good 15/20 min walk but so worth the cold drink at the end of it. Most days we got taxi into Jemuluk Bay, can't remember the price but I think there and back probably wasn't more than $10AUD.

Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport within Amed area

I love Trip Advisor, thankyou everyone, we can't wait to go

9. Re: Transport within Amed area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2017, 10:47