We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amed to Lovina.

Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Amed to Lovina.

I want to travel from Amed to Lovina then Ubud.

Is it best to travel the coast road or go via Amed-Ubud-Lovina through the centre?

How long will either route take and is there much traffic?

I would appreciate if you could mention any "must see" as well.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,957 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amed to Lovina.

It depends on where in Amed you start your journey as to how long it will take to get to Lovina. Seeing you are going to Ubud anyway I would go to Lovina the east coast road and then travel from Lovina to Ubud through Bedugul.

East coast road should take you 3 - 3½ hr depending on how much traffic going through Singaraja.

Lovina to Ubud via Bedugul should take you around 3 hrs give or take. Again depending on traffic and how fast or slow going over the mountain range.

The east coast road does not have a lot of traffic until you get to Singaraja.

Those times do not allow for any stops on the way.

Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amed to Lovina.

Thank you

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amed to Lovina.

I'd also go around the east and north coast. The road conditions are excellent and there's some nice scenery. If you have an hour to spare check out Singaraja, its worth a visit. At Lovina the main attraction is at the village, Kalibukbuk. Otherwise it really just is a road running past some resorts etc. A visit to the village is worth while, there are many warungs, bars and a small markets on the foreshore. The beach surrounds are worth viewing to check out the local fishing boats. Hope you enjoy.

4. Re: Amed to Lovina.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Amed
Recent Conversations