We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas with kids

Papamoa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas with kids

Hi there

I am visiting Ahmed with two girls aged 5 and 6 and my mum who is 70. Looking for activities that would suit, thoughts anyone?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas with kids

There is not really much in the way of activities in Amed. Snorkelling is good and safe straight off the beach. Maybe buy some fireworks at some of the convenience stores, the kids will love that!

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,718 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas with kids

In the surrounds of Amed you can go to candi dasa for lunch on the beach (Le Zat is nice) and to see the salt panning.

Visit the very large lotus pond.

You can go to Tirtagangga water palace (ask to see the owls).

You can snokel, also at talumben.

Amed is very chilled, not a hep of activities.

Maybe spend half your time there and then half somewhere else such as Sanur or Ubud ?

* I would not recommend dangerous fireworks especially with little ones. (sorry troy).

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas with kids

Why not, fireworks are fun! Not sure how old you are but I'm old enough to remember growing up with them and it was the highlight of the year as a kid! When I did it with my kids at Amed they loved it, as did the locals who gathered round to watch. Well I'm still a big kid.... Haha. (all said light heartedly)

perth
Level Contributor
400 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas with kids

A visit to the white sand beach pasir putih is wotrh it.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,018 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas with kids

On the journey to Amed my son's driver stopped at an elephant place. His name is Salit Arsa who lives in Amed and comes well recommended. Amed_salit@hotmail.com - if you don't already have a driver.

Edited: 17 April 2016, 05:06
Papamoa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas with kids

Thanks everyone!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas with kids

On Lean and Lipah Beach most of the local children splash in the water around 4pm daily, they love interacting with younger guests.

Tirtiganga Water Palace is a must do, the fish are ginormous and there are fun stepping stones.

Wednesdays Life in Amed Hotel gives free Yoga & Art Class to the children on Lean Village, other children are welcome to join in..

They can snorkel and see fish just a few meters from shore in a safe environment most beaches.

A boat ride, good for everyone, a snorkel trip, or sunset sail..

Build awesome sand castles with black sand, make moats and decorate, anytime after 4pm when the sun is not so hot.

Get a flashlight and hunt for night crabs on the beach, or look for frogs, or hermit crabs.

Some hotels have kiddie pools, bring some toys, bring a ball and give to the local children for instant laughs and a game of soccer .

Some of the local restaurants have an evening dance with young Balinese Dancers..the signs are usually alongside the road.

Amed is really charming, though not in the way of Amusement park attractions, it is the simplicity and getting back to nature and a slower way of life...

8. Re: Ideas with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Amed
Recent Conversations