We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Candidasa from Amed

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to Candidasa from Amed

Is transport readily available if so cost to Candi dasa?

We were going to do Amed for the day from CD but have decided to stay over night,Will get transport in CD to take us to Amed early but will need transport back to CD.

Need Ideas on which area to stay for the night as this will be our first visit.

Thanks

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,832 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Candidasa from Amed

Have you considered self driving to Amed? We do regularly and really enjoy the drive.

Cost around 20USD's a day to hire a car in Candidasa.

Edited: 29 March 2016, 13:03
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Candidasa from Amed

I am guessing it wont be more than 300,000 idr each way so best get somebody to do the driving for an additional $20 over hiring a car.

Anyone know the best part to stay as we wont want a remote resort but a place place by the sea with some warungs and stuff within easy walking from hotel.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,832 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Candidasa from Amed

Dentray, if you don't hear from anyone, send a pm to Ursie57 (DE for Amed, top right). She knows the area well..

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Candidasa from Amed

Let me know if you'd like contact info for my Amed based driver.

I'd suggest staying in Amed village area, Jemuluk, Bunutan or Lipah if you want to be within walking distance of warungs/ restaurants. Lipah has a sandy beach & the other three have black volcanic sand & some pebbles. Any idea of your budget for the night & I can make some suggestions.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to Candidasa from Amed

Thanks! its just an over nighter to check it out for our trip after the june stay in CD, really only looking for mid range accommodation and would prefer beach side not cliff/beach. you are quite welcome to pm me your driver or any other details/recommendations , I could have your driver pick us up from CD and return us back.to CD next day.

Wont be snorkelling or diving just food and drinks beach side but its hard to choose an area that is not remote without knowing the areas because we would like to be able to walk a few warungs and such rather than just stay the whole time at an isolated resort.

perth
Level Contributor
401 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to Candidasa from Amed

Kembali beach bungalows are simple on the beach front at Amed area great sunrise and sunset over the mountains and close to warung. Warung Ole had some good choices ( check reviews ). Enjoy your stay in Amed

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport to Candidasa from Amed

Thanks ma.inda Perth looks like my kinda place :)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport to Candidasa from Amed

Also a great beachfront property is Life in Amed, in Lean Village, really lovely setting, a sandy beach with good coral formations right out front, a few minutes from Sails where they have great views also... they can arrange a driver not sure of the price, it is an hour and 20 minutes away approx, do stop at Tirtiganga Water Palace... try kribisamed@gmail for a pick up...

9. Re: Transport to Candidasa from Amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2017, 09:47