We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud to Amed

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Ubud to Amed

Hi

I am doing some volunteer teaching in Ubud for 2 weeks in early Feb and was told that Amed is a faster point to travel by boat to the Gili Islands?

Can anyone suggest affordable options of geting to Amed?

I get sea sick and was told it may only be 45 minutes by fast boat? Does anyone know how much the boat might be across?

Much appreciated

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubud to Amed

Email Made Lela madeleelaa@gmail.com if you would like a reliable, reasonably priced driver to take you to Amed from Ubud and grab some seasickness tablets before you hop on the boat!

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,018 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubud to Amed

Sea Express quote 90USD but there are other options on this site:

http://www.gili-paradise.com/fast-boats/

3. Re: Ubud to Amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2016, 12:23
Edited: 12 February 2016, 12:23
4. Re: Ubud to Amed

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2016, 12:23
Edited: 12 February 2016, 12:23
Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ubud to Amed

I can give you contact info for my Amed based driver if you're interested. Transfer from Ubud to Amed will be approx 500,000. There are 4 fast boat companies operating in Amed. However in low season they have a rotating timetable between the companies so you may book with one company but travel with another. However when you book you could ask them to clarify this. Pacha Express, Kuda Hitam, Amed Sea Express & I can't remember the name of the other company. I'd probably book with Pacha Express if I was booking a trip, based on reviews & comments on the forum. I've only travelled from Amed to Gili T in August & the trip has taken 45mins to 1 hour. Will try to find the cost of a return trip for you.

Nelson
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ubud to Amed

Only a few of the water taxi companies actually go to Amed from the Gili's. Our family used Pacha Express to get from Gili Air to Amed as it seemed like it was one of the more reputable companies in terms of not overloading the boat etc. (and I can confirm that they did have life jackets on board lol) It ran about 45 min late and stopped at both Lombok and Gili T to pick up passengers but it was a fairly smooth ride across. It cost 500,000 IDR per person (about $50NZD) but also included a drop-off to our hotel in Amed, which was very handy. We booked the tickets through our hotel on Gili Air a couple of days before our departure.

Nelson
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ubud to Amed

Also, if anyone needs a recommendation for an Amed-based driver or tour guide, I can highly recommend Gede, who is absolutely lovely. Our family used him on 2 occasions while staying in Amed. His website is www.good-gede.com

8. Re: Ubud to Amed

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 24 March 2017, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Amed
Recent Conversations