We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good dive guides in Amed ?

India
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
good dive guides in Amed ?

hi guys,

I'm looking for references for good dive guides in the dive shops of Amed. Yes - I'm looking for names please.

Scubaboard is full of comments that most of the dive operators in Amed are around doing first time dives for backpackers and that serious guides (who can spot critters and macro) are actually in the Tulamben area. But I want/have to stay in the Amed area because of my family.

So I'm looking for great dive guides who know the reefs of Amed, seraya, Tulamben and Melasti - any name dropping would be very very helpful indeed.

4 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good dive guides in Amed ?

Hi sandy,

I dive every year in Amed. I know a few guides and have dived with 1 english girl who now owns her own place in Amed previously in Malta.

I have always had good local dive guides in Amed.

Thing is what level dive qualification have you.

I wouldn't recommend a guide directly as that is determined by the Dive centre itself based on the dive you are doing, number of divers in the group, experience level and what the guides own daily itinerary is.

All dive guides I have had in Amed have been very good at spotting the small stuff

India
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: good dive guides in Amed ?

@NotaPigsty thanks for your reply. I'm a beginner with about 25 dives primarily on wrecks in Sri Lanka.

Could you recommend a good dive centre that knows its way around the dive sites like Melasti and Seraya.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good dive guides in Amed ?

Both Seraya & Melasti are great dives if you are a muck diver. If that is not your thing, you might not enjoy them so much, although Seraya does have a few more bits to see. We've had 3 dives at Melasti the past week and found some amazing stuff, just be aware of the nearly always present currents there, especially the down currents which can be quite nasty. We don't use a guide, nor dive from Amed, so can't help answer your question - sorry.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good dive guides in Amed ?

Hi Sandy,

"Beginner"???

What is your dive qualification/company OWD, AOWD

PADI,SSI, CMAS other