We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alleppey/Kottayam State Ferry

new york
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alleppey/Kottayam State Ferry

Is there outdoor, open deck seating on these ferries or is all seating inside. I've not been able to find any photos of these boats; can anyone direct me to any? If none are available a description would be greatly appreciated - one level or two, seating capacity, age of boats, toilet facilities, type of seating, etc.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alleppey/Kottayam State Ferry

Hi,

There is no open deck seating in alleppey to kottayam boat. It is local ferry for villagers to different part of the backwaters . I didn't any new boats passing to kottayam . Their is toilet inside but it ordinary, Seating type is ordinary

Thanks,

Biniu

Alappuzha, India
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Alleppey/Kottayam State Ferry

Dear Friend,

Alleppey / kottayam local ferry don't have any open deck facility for Tourist or travelers. All the seating inside only. For photos serch in google "alleppey kottayam local ferry". Indian toilets.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alleppey/Kottayam State Ferry

hey chaps

From the above conversation I'm guessing that there is a ferry from Alleppey to kottayam. I was just wanting to know where do you get it from in Kottayam if anyone knows would love to take it as I'm in Kottayam and will definitely do that next weekend.

cheers

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alleppey/Kottayam State Ferry

It starts from Kodimatha Jetty , approx 10 minutes outside the town,

it is next to the district tourism promotion council ( DTPC) office

5. Re: Alleppey/Kottayam State Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 10:49