We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hat Lek Thai/Cambodian Border to Kampot?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
Hat Lek Thai/Cambodian Border to Kampot?

What transport is available on the Cambodian side of the border to Kampot?

There seems to be a good highway 48 from the border to Kampot about 180 kms according to Google Maps. Any one donethis trip recently?

Thanks

Ha Tien, Vietnam
Level Contributor
874 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Hat Lek Thai/Cambodian Border to Kampot?

I've done this trip many times-but usually,as I am going through Kampot to Ha Tien,on the Cambodian/Vietnamese border,I take a private or shared taxi, a private taxi is about 75USD,or if one is available on a shared basis,perhaps 15-20USD a seat.The road runs from Koh Kong to Sre Ambel,through the mountains,then you turn right on to the main Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville road,and left at Veal Rinh to Kampot.The stretch of road from here to Kampot is in appalling condition,and takes three times as long as it should.I am not aware of a bus from Koh Kong to Kampot,it's possible there is one,if so it would probably leave at about 08.00,most of the buses from KK leave at around that time.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
2. Re: Hat Lek Thai/Cambodian Border to Kampot?

Thanks. We will probably share a taxi 4 people as we will be at the border around midday.

Chok dee.

Ha Tien, Vietnam
Level Contributor
874 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Hat Lek Thai/Cambodian Border to Kampot?

That's probably the best idea.A taxi for 4 to Kampot should be about 60USD (I pay 75USD,but that's a bit further than Kampot,and that's from Koh Kong town-not the border).There may be taxis waiting there anyway,but make sure you and the driver are completely clear on where you are going,and that you want to rent the entire taxi-he is not to stop and pick up other passengers.If there isn't a taxi there,or you want to arrange one in advance,you can call the guy I always use.His name is Mr Long tel +855 16675333 .I've known him and used his services for about 8 years,the car is usually a Camry in good condition,and it will be either him or his brother-both are good safe drivers.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
4. Re: Hat Lek Thai/Cambodian Border to Kampot?

Thanks for your help and advice. If we nee to call a taxi or book one in Advance we will surely call Mr Loong,

5. Re: Hat Lek Thai/Cambodian Border to Kampot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 19:49
Get answers to your questions about Kampot