We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a riverside hotel: good idea now?

Hasselt
Level Contributor
8 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Booking a riverside hotel: good idea now?

We would live to go to Kampot but the hotel we wanna book (villa vedici) had to evacuate guests because of the water floods. Anyone any news/ update? Is is better not to go there? Better not to Kampot at all? Thx for your help!

3 replies to this topic
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a riverside hotel: good idea now?

Hello Elleke-76

I spoke to receptionist in the hotel they advised they are open for business. Not sure when you are intending to go to Kampot but I'm sure you realise it is the rainy season, the forecast does show that storms and rain are forecast for the next week at least, not an ideal time to go there in my opinion

Regards

Roger

Edited: 07 August 2018, 14:38
Hasselt
Level Contributor
8 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a riverside hotel: good idea now?

Hi Roger, thanks for your reply. We are in Phnomh Penh now, were thinking on leaving here on thursday 9/8 for Kampot .... doesnt sound sogood. Do you have tips where we could go? We are in Cambodia for 2 weeks....

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking a riverside hotel: good idea now?

Hello again Elleke-76, looks like most of Cambodia is in for rain and storms, they don't tend to be all day, I can't really advise you, have not really been here long enough to gain a lot of knowledge, have lived in PP for nearly six months, I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable regulars will come up with something for you, me, I'm off to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow for a quick trip. Hope you will be able to find somewhere to go.

Regards

Roger

Reply to: Booking a riverside hotel: good idea now?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted