We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serenity Point Condos

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Serenity Point Condos

Has anyone ever stayed here? It's located over in Sevierville....I need some input fairly quickly in order to make an informed decision...there are no reviews for it on TUG or Tripadvisor. I've posted in the Sevierville forum, but I know a lot of folks frequent this forum who might be able to help me. Thanks!

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Serenity Point Condos

Sorry, never heard of them

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Serenity Point Condos

I know nothing about them either. Are you sure you want to stay so far away from the Smokies? I suppose it isn't too far away.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Serenity Point Condos

vanclan, I too haven't heard of these condos so I decided to do a search. Nothing came up showing any pictures or location of these condos. 3 sites for some off brand travel ads came up with little or no info. I see you are coming a long way for this. I think you better check with the Chamber in Sevierville before you do something you may regret.

All of us on here want you have a wonderful vacation and this sounds fishy to me. There are so many places to stay for a great price with grand reputations and websites!!!

Keep us posted on what you find out. We will try to be some help.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Serenity Point Condos

Three people who haven't heard of them...hmmm.....

Only website I have is

www.planwithtan.com/Default.aspx?tabid=238

Place looks iffy, no onsite amenities.... plus I would prefer to be a bit closer to the park.

It was suggested by a travel agency we belong to that search for condos....often they get some real good deals, but you're right this looks suspicious. Thanks for everyone's input and, especially, BSmith, for taking the time to do further research for me. We'll put it on hold till we can get a more "name brand" condo. I've also seen some cabins that look interesting.

Local (Ontario Canada) library just got a new book...Insider's guide to the Great Smoky Mountains....I'll get my Smoky Mountain fix by reading it and this forum and dreaming of a great vacation. Thanks again!!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Serenity Point Condos

Vanclan, you are most welcome.

Will this be your first trip to the Smokys? When are you planning to come? You can get accommodations at condos, hotels, motels, or cabins for a great deal, depending on the season. You just post on here when and where, how many in your party, how big and then just sit back and

take in all the help these folks on here can give you. Most of us have got multiple visits to this area under our belt. We have had plenty of time to "live and learn".

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Serenity Point Condos

If I were you i'd try to get a cabin/chalet/hotel close to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. Make sure you find out the mileage that you are away from places (like the Gatlinburg entrance to the National Park). If you get a chalet, you may want to also make sure that it's not too far up a mountain. I know of quite a few folks who didn't like going up small curvy mountain roads (alot of places have roads that are so narrow that you worry about meeting a car coming down the road). Some of them were traveling with small children who got scared or they got motion sickness themself. As BSmith, posted i'd check with Chamber of Commerce. I like Sunset Cottage's and i've done business with them before. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.sunsetcottage.com/

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Serenity Point Condos

What time is best to come to Gatlinburg?? ...I think it's going to be a place that we return to in several seasons. What is considered the "low season" accomodation price wise? We are a couple in our late 40's, enjoy moderate hiking, beautiful scenery, and after hectic jobs, in need of peace and quiet. Prefer a place where we can make some of our own meals. Don't want to spend mega$$ on accomodation. We had to take this week of vacation before the second week of December or lose it....so we decided to stay in Ontario this time. But next year is wide open...so will welcome your recommendations.

Had a look at at sunsetcottage.com It looks interesting!! I notice their condos are the cheapest they offer...I know they are in downtown PF, but has anyone ever used them?

Someone also mentioned allseasonscabins.com Perhaps others can comment on these. or any other recommendations....

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Serenity Point Condos

I love going from mid-late October. Alot of folks complain about traffic, but I don't find it to be too bad if you are traveling in the park Yes there are sometimes bear jams but I don't mind that. Rates are are much higher usually from Memorial weekend and throughout the summer. I think the rates are somewhat cheaper in September but rise again for month of October. I have visited in May, August, September, October and November. Early November you can get cheaper rates and may get to see some Fall colors. Many Christmas lights are up in November and Christmas shows are playing in town. I find some of the hikes to be easier, being it is cooler in Autumn. Summer is nice for the cool streams......well they are extremely cold, but feel so nice in the summer weather. Alot of folks like to go tubing or white water rafting in the summer time. I love watching the brave folks jump off the cliffs into the streams (I did do this twice in the smokies but stood on the cliff 15 minutes each time prior to jumping). Will never do it again, even if the local kids are doing it. When I stayed at the Sunset Cottage place, I found their cabins/chalets to be the cheapest when compared to others but that was probably 4 years ago. I remember having trouble with our washer/dryer but it worked but was just slow and they had a maintenance # you could call but I just didn't feel like messing with it.

There are many cheap hotels in the area. I stayed 8 nights in October 2006 on very edge of Pigeon Forge for $580 with tax. Had 2 king beds, jacuzzi and balcony overlooking a stream. Elevator is slow in the hotel and sometimes parking late at night and on weekends could be bad. Room had small frig, toaster and microwave.

I highly recommend October :) or early November. I have never been in early spring or the winter months and parts of the National Park are closed (like Clingman's Dome in the winter months and early spring) because of ice/snow.

9. Re: Serenity Point Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 12:47