We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

Jamestown, Indiana
5 posts
Save Topic
Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

I am getting married in June and I am looking for a nice hotel to stay in. We are not from the area so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,060 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

Most newlywed couples would prefer the privacy of a cabin over a hotel, if you can afford the price.

What time in June are you coming?

Jamestown, Indiana
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

We are coming June 6 - 14th, maybe longer. We want to stay somewhere nice and not go over $150 a night.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,060 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

The good news is you are coming before the "high summer rates" really kick in good, which will occur probably around June 19th.

I don't have any recommendations for a very nice hotel in Gatlinburg other than perhaps one of the two Fairfield locations or the Bear Skin Lodge. Gatlinburg isn't really known for it's "really nice" hotels. You might want to see about pricing the Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge, but I'll bet it's more expensive.

I just think you'd perfer something a little more private.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

Riverhouse at the Park is great and request a room overlooking the river its right beside the Park entrance and they deliver homemade donuts to your room for breakfast!

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

I was there last year the second week in June for my honeymoon. We stayed in a 1 bedroom cabin between Gatlinburg and PF. The cabin was nice but there was a coule of issues. For one the hot tub did not work and the booking agent was not that helpful. The are one of the larger ones. The rate with all fees was about 100 to 110 a night. If you get on the Gatlinburg website and search for cabins you should have no problem finding something in that price range.

John

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

kb,

Congratulations!

I think probably since your stay is so long, many of the rental companies will give you a break in one way or another. For instance, "Stay 5 nights, get two free", etc. that by the time you do the math, you may be in your $150 budget. I agree, in a cabin you'll have your own hot tub, be able to make your own breakfast in your pjs, etc. and be secluded.

Are you having your wedding there in Gatlinburg? Many places offer packages that include cabins especially selected for honeymoons.

The choices are overwhelming, so it does help to have somewhere to start.

Many folks here will pipe in with their personal experience of rental companies, but two I know of that

a) have reasonable rates, and

b) good customer service, and

c) nice cabins

are:

www.sunsetcottage.com and

www.timbercreekrentals.com

Have fun,

Miller

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

I am sorry...

Timber Creek is

www.timbercreekcabins.com

Miller

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

For $150/night, I would suggest a very romantic chalet: "Canoodle Nest" through Mountain Laurel Chalets. My son and his wife spent their honeymoon there. It has a rustic "cabin" feel and the view is unbelievable. It has a covered hot tub, indoor jacuzzi, and fireplace. The chalet is extremely well equipped. You only need to bring food, clothes and personal items.

The chalet is about a 10-minute drive from Gatlinburg. If you stay seven nights, your seventh night is free. You can see the chalet at mtnlaurelchalets.com Click on "Chalet Index" on the left and then on "Canoodle Nest."

We've stayed with Mountain Laurel Chalets about a dozen times over the past 7 years. There are no hidden fees, just the advertised price plus sales tax. They are top notch!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

Many cabins rental places offer honeymoon packages.

I know Cabins For You has a couple of honeymoon packages. The link for their packages is www.cabinsforyou.com/vacation_packages.htm

Some of them seem reasonable.

Congratulations!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to stay in Gatlinburg

We like the Clarion Inn and Suites, which is on the Parkway in Gatlinburg and very near the park entrance. I know a lot of people want a cabin for the privacy, but we like to be where the action is and like being able to park our vehicle and walk wherever and whenever we choose. By the way, welcome to the forum. We live just a hop, skip and a jump from you in Ladoga.