We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels downtown

Castlewood,VA
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Hotels downtown

I am looking for a hotel on the main strip area, withing walking distance of everything. I want a nice place that has a pool and jacuzzi. Thanks in advance. I have been searching but there are so many places online I am tired of looking :)

north ga
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels downtown

It may be hard to find a hotel right on the parkway like you're looking for. If you don't mind walking a little further the Riverhouse hotels are good choices. One is named Riverhouse Lodge located on River Rd. and the other is Riverhouse at the Park on Ski Mountain Rd.

Have stayed in both several times over the years and enjoyed it.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
452 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels downtown

You might check out Edgewater and also River Terrace. Both are on River Road which is one street over (parallel) to the main strip. They are very centrally located, on a nice stream, much quieter, yet very handy. We walk to everything in Gatlinburg from these hotels and very rarely use the trolley. The trolley, by the way, is a very cheap way of transportation.

Both have nice pools and as I recall, Edgewater I believe has an indoor/outpool pool with a waterfall.

Ida, Mi
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels downtown

I have stayed at both the Edgewater and River Terrace, you walk across the street and into back doors of the shops right across from the Village shpping area and Pancake Pantry. Have also stayed at Twin Islands right on Parkway and all rooms on the river has a great pool but no jacuzzi very quet and very short walk to shopping and is right next to the Aquarium and Hard Rock Cafe.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels downtown

The Clarion at 1100 Parkway has an enclosed pool, kiddie pool and jacuzzi. It is near the park entrance and within walking distance to everything in town. The red trolley goes right by about every 20 minutes or so and has a regular stop less than a block from the front door. Most of the best restaurants in town are very close and they offer a free breakfast which has many different items.

5. Re: Hotels downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 22:48