We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best tourist center

Kentucky
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where is the best tourist center

We are looking for the best tourist center to stop at in pigeon forge to get brochures and a value card. I am getting so excited we are coming down next friday. I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped or tried to help me a couple of weeks ago on here. There are so many great people on this site. Thanks so much.

Day Tour: Moonshine and Wine Tasting...
29 Reviews
from US$ 55.00*
Free Cancellation
Sights of the Smokies All Day Tour
14 Reviews
from US$ 125.00*
Free Cancellation
Cade's Cove Bus Tour
2 Reviews
from US$ 55.00*
Free Cancellation
Ohio
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best tourist center

I thought someone mentioned a new Welcome Center in PF, but I'm not sure where it is on the Parkway. I'm sure someone else can tell you. We always go to the one between GB & PF.....it's one of the first stops we make when we get there. We leave a week from Saturday & can't wait either. Have a wonderful trip!

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best tourist center

The Smoky Mountain Welcome Center is on Winfield Dunn Parkway just past crossing over the French Broad River (on the right hand side).

The Pegeon Forge Welcome Center is at 2450 Parkway which is just after crossing over the Little Pigeon River (but before getting to the Miricle Theatre), and it is on the right hand side of the road also.

I hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Smoky Mountain Cabins
Smoky Mountain Cabins
76 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Pigeon River Inn
Pigeon River Inn
307 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the best tourist center

be sure to go to the one mentioned above or there is a new one on 66 coming in from I40, not very far from the interstate. These are official welcome centers.

A lot of the "Welcome Centers" you see are really timeshare or ticket scaming places in Disguised as welcome centers.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the best tourist center

If you get near the national park, I would suggest the Sugerland Visitors Center. The proceeds from the purchases you make help support the national park.

5. Re: Where is the best tourist center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 17:49