We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 2 days in Page

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
137 posts
56 reviews
Best 2 days in Page

Hello-

We are planning on spending 2 days in Page at the end of March. What would be your recommendations on the best 2 days for a group of 4 that likes to hike and see the best of Page? On our must-see list: Lower Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend and a quick trip (no tour) of Glen Canyon Dam. We're not necessarily interested in a raft/float trip (unless someone can talk us into it)--but is there a scenic place to view/hike Lake Powell? Wondering if a trip to Marble Canyon/Old Navajo Bridge and hike in that area would be worth the drive given our limited time? Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,687 posts
249 reviews
1. Re: Best 2 days in Page

Take the raft trip. www.raftthecanyon.com It's one of the top activities in northern AZ. As long as the weather is decent, you will love it.

Lake Powell is huge. The shoreline is equal to the California Pacific Ocean coastline. You can get a great view at sunset from the Wahweep Overlook. You'll see it from Page and the dam too. No other way to explore the lake in your limited time.

If you really don't want to do the raft trip, then a day for Navajo Bridges and a hike at Lees Ferry is an option.

City
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: Best 2 days in Page

Another vote for the raft the canyon trip!

There is only one trip a day offered in March, so I would book now, if you haven't already

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Best 2 days in Page

Do you have 2 nights or 2 full days( 3 nights) in Page. And what's your route? Coming from and going to before and after Page. Rafttrip is a great thing to do.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
137 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Best 2 days in Page

Thanks for the input!

I'm totally up for the raft trip--- I'll just have some convincing to do, as the other couple had a really bad rafting experience several years ago.... From what I can tell, this is a tame experience, where you don't get too wet and the odds of getting thrown overboard are low??? If so, that will help in my case! If not, I have no chance!

Since we'll be there on a weekend, will we need to book the Antelope Canyon tour ahead of time as well?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Best 2 days in Page

Spring break time so it can be a bit busy but we never made a reservation for Antelope Canyon. Just drove to the parking lot and took next available tour. Riverraft is smooth. No rapids, No worries.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,687 posts
249 reviews
6. Re: Best 2 days in Page

The raft trip is completely tame. No waves or Rapids. Just peaceful canyon viewing.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: Best 2 days in Page

Did you book the raft trip? I planned our trip to Page partly around that trip because it's something I really want to do. We'll also be there the last week of March. It's a 'smooth water' rafting trip so highly unlikely to get wet (though you are on water so never say never!). I think it will be cool the see a canyon from that persective - looking up from the bottom vs. looking down into the canyon. I went back and forth a lot on how to view the slot canyons and ultimately decided to do the Hummer trip to Secret Canyon instead of Lower Antelope as originally planned because I have two teenage boys who will enjoy the Hummer part - and it's also much less crowded.

8. Re: Best 2 days in Page

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2016, 09:46