We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in and around SC in Feb

kcmo
Level Contributor
253 posts
4 reviews
Weather in and around SC in Feb

We are planning to travel to NM from Kansas City in a travel trailer in Feb. What would the weather be like at that time? We can't risk freezing temps or our water lines will all freeze. We'd been thinking of Phoenix/Scottsdale etc. but would like the more open spaces in NM. Thanks!

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Weather in and around SC in Feb

Even in Phoenix you risk freezing temps in February. I would suggest the use of a 'heat tape' on your city water line; the rest will be inside the trailer and would be unlikely to freeze.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Weather in and around SC in Feb

I cannot think of any area between KC-Mo, and Phoenix that would not have below freezing temperatures in February at night.

The taping is an excellent idea. Check with your local RV dealer for ideas on insulation tapes which could be applied in, or under your travel trailer.

It would be a bit out of the way but your safest (warmest) route would probably be down to I-20 at Fort Worth, then west to El Paso, and after joining I-10...on to Phoenix. The RV'ing "Snowbirds" that winter in the Southwest for the winter, arrive early and leave late.

3. Re: Weather in and around SC in Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 10:46