We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Silver City

Colebrook, NH
2 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Silver City

Hello,

My husband and I are thinking about moving to SC and we would like to know more about the area. It seems that is a very nice place but we are concerned about housing. We currently own a house but we are not interested in buying again, so we would be renting instead. I would like to know enough houses available for renting, especially since we have 2 large dogs (German Sheperd and a Lab - we currently live in northern New England so there are used to being inside the house).

Also, it seems that the weather is milder compared to the rest of NM, but could someone tell me how hot it gets during summer? Do you guys get any snow at all? (Although I'm sick of it right now I may miss it after a long while).

How integrated is the community? I'm asking because my husband is white and I'm Hispanic.

Somebody asked about gang activity - is this a big problem?

Last question, how does the community see Law Enforcement people? It has been our experience that some towns are very friendly to them but other towns not so much.

Thanks for your help.

2 replies to this topic
Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Silver City

Be advised that TripAdvisor.com is restricted to "travel & vacation questions," so I will limit my response to replies directly related to travel. For the rest of your query, you might wish to check out www.city-data.com.

The weather is indeed milder than much of the rest of the state; the local Chamber of Commerce advertises that we have "Four Gentle Seasons." This summer has been unusual in that it has been drier than average, and slightly cooler: temps have reached the 90's but no higher than that-- usually we get one or two days per summer that might hit 100, but not this year. We get on average one or two snowfalls each winter, but typically this occurs at night; when the sun comes out the snow evaporates quickly and only lingers in the shade where the sun can't reach.

Colebrook, NH
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Silver City

Sounds like my kind of weather. Thanks!

Reply to: Moving to Silver City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;