We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hwy 152 from Silver City

Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
71 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Hwy 152 from Silver City

I am wondering if Hwy 152 going out of Silver City toward Truth or Consequences would be bad for a person who is afraid of heights and prone to motion sickness? We are driving from Tucson to Santa Fe and someone advised us to go through Silver City and use scenic Hwy 152, but I am worried and need advice about whether it would be appropriate for me. Thanks for any and all advice.

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hwy 152 from Silver City

Small world - DH and I will be doing the same thing later this year, (driving from Tucson, spending the night in Silver City and then heading up to Santa Fe).

I am sure our Silver City "regular" Mitch will give us a good reply.

When are you planning on going? And I would really appreciate if you could do a trip report when you return. It sure helps others who are still in the planning stages of their trips.

Thanks

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hwy 152 from Silver City

It's a beautiful drive-- but probably a bad idea if heights and motion sickness are problems for you.

The alternative is to take US180 from Silver to NM26 just outside of Deming, which will connect to I25 near Hatch.

Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
71 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hwy 152 from Silver City

Thanks to Mitch for the candid advice and the alternate route. We are leaving later in June and had originally planned to go from Tucson to Gallup and then on to Santa Fe. We are attending a conference there. It was suggested to us that Silver City and the environs would be more interesting and beautiful, but I need to avoid switchbacks and high spots with too much of a view, unfortunately.

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hwy 152 from Silver City

Silver *is* interesting and is easily accessible from Tucson on I-10 and NM90, which is not in any way like NM152. Come on over!

5. Re: Hwy 152 from Silver City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 11:48