We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Advice on things

Portland, me
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Local Advice on things

Hey, would like some advice on each of these neighborhoods. Also any advice on things to check out etc. for neighborhoods not on this list:

-Bushwick

-Williamsburg

-Bed-Stuy

-Crown Heights

-Park Slope

-Dumbo

-Brooklyn Heights

-Cheap Eats

-Best Eats

-Cheap Drink

-Best/most interesting drinks

-Free things to do/see

-Best things to do/see

-Favorite thing to do/see

-Best street art

-Cool shops to check out

-Overhyped things not to do

I can/have obviously read through Trip Advisor, but I want some real, local advice.

New York City
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: Local Advice on things

Bushwick, Crown Heights and Bed Stuy arent really tourist areas. The places there tend will cater to locals and not tourists. Crown Heights isnt even trendy.

Since they are not tourist areas, the prices will aimed for locals and most of the places will be local fare like Pizza, Chinese etc

Dumbo is a very touristy area and prices will reflect that. Wiliamsburgh is a very hipster area and is actually divided between the Hipster part and the Hassidic part whose prices might be cheaper, but that area is not tourist friendly at all and they would even prefer you dont go there to gawk at them.

Portland, me
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Local Advice on things

I'm really not interested in seeming like a tourist. I'd prefer to go to a local spot with local people, and enjoy it as if I am part of the neighborhood.

I tend to be good at blending in well. I have actually been staying in Bushwick for the past 2+ weeks. I'm asking in part for myself for the remainder of my stay, and when I have friends who also prefer a local vibe, come for a few days at the end of this month.

I knew Bushwick was not a touristy area, which is why I chose here.

New York City
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Local Advice on things

Anywhere you go in Park Slope, Crown Heights or Bed Stuy will be locals for the most part

People from outside those areas dont normally go there unless they know someone there

I personally have never been to Bushwick or Bed Stuy (Ive been through them, but never stopped)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,186 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: Local Advice on things

Even though you're asking about Brooklyn, you may want to re-post in the NY City (of which Brooklyn is a part) forum to attract more readers.

New York City
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: Local Advice on things

The Main places to visit in Park Slope/Crown Heights (They are next to each other)

Is the Brooklyn Museum, The Broolkyn Botanical Gardens and Prospect Park

6. Re: Local Advice on things

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2017, 10:47