We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to Best Western Arena Hotel

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
JFK to Best Western Arena Hotel

Hi I'm staying at Atlantic Avenue , Brooklyn

How do you recomend getting there, I just messaged one of the shuttle bus people who quoted "The price is $38.10 each way." YEAH SURE! I know cabs have a flate rate of around $40 so a cab for two works out cheaper than 2 shuttle bus tickets? Not sure if they did their math correctly...

It says it's within one block of Nostrand Avenue Train Station so how many transfers would I have to take subway wise? after the trip to Howard beach? If its a relatively simple journey, may just subway it and spend the saved money on something more fun.

thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: JFK to Best Western Arena Hotel

Taxis do not have a flat rate to destinations in Brooklyn, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

To get there on the subway, you take the Airtrain from the airport to the Howard Beach station, where you catch the A train to the Nostrand Avenue stop. The Airtrain is $5/person, the subway is $2.25/person.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: JFK to Best Western Arena Hotel

thank you crans!

I'd read on some sites that cabs outside the airport have a flat rate, I know that generally for trips to Manhatten so thought a pre price sort of deal would be available too for that destination.

Sounds pretty straight forward though, I think thats the best option.

thanks!

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,982 posts
3. Re: JFK to Best Western Arena Hotel

That's not a normal location for a tourist to stay in. Are you sure that's a good location for you?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: JFK to Best Western Arena Hotel

Be wary of your surroundings on the A-train, that is not a great line in Brooklyn.

The location is not optimal, either, but I am assuming you booked it based on price.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,982 posts
5. Re: JFK to Best Western Arena Hotel

There is nothing wrong with the A train in Brooklyn.

6. Re: JFK to Best Western Arena Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 10:47