We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels / B&B near Bayridge?

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
15 reviews
hotels / B&B near Bayridge?

Hi,

I'm planning on coming to Bklyn by myself next spring for 10days-2wks . Ideally I would like to stay around the Bayridge area/Bensonhurst area, as I spent a few years living there donkeys years ago. I know there's the Comfort Inn (think its now called Gregory) on 83/5th, but I can't really afford that kinda price. I know there used to be a hotel somewhere near 88/3rd - but from what I remember it was a bit dodgey... I've seen that Best Western Brooklyn Bay @ Sheepshead has got some quite good reviews, but preferably I'd like something in walking distance of Bayridge.

As I said, I'll be a female by myself, so I want somewhere that I'll feel safe. Does anyone please know of anything else in the area that's cheapish, with private bathrooms?

Alternatively, are there any other areas that people would recommend, where I'd be close to lots of shops/things to do/resturants and able to go out at night by myself and feel safe walking to shops or resturant / coffee shops.

Or would I be better renting an apartment/studio for 2 wks? Sorry for so many questions... Thanks Debi

P.S Is Omonia still there?

Rockaway park, NY
1 post
1. Re: hotels / B&B near Bayridge?

Omonia is still there. Next best to Bay Ridge as you have named all the hotels are Hotel Le Blue and the new Holiday Inn Express on Union Street. There is also a Comfort Inn on Butler street, all three in/near Park slope, about 10 minute train ride to Bay Ridge and 25 minutes or so to midtown.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: hotels / B&B near Bayridge?

Welcome to the forum.

Check out this recent post on the New York City forum, which inlcudes some info about the new Holiday Inn Express on Union St., and Park Slope, Brooklyn.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1480513… Park_Slope-

In general, we caution people against renting apartments, since the occurrence of scams is increasing. If you do rent an apartment, let the NYC forum know, so we can give our gut instincts about it.

Glad to have you back!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: hotels / B&B near Bayridge?

Trip Advisor has many posts about B&Bs in Brooklyn - with reviews so you know what you're getting into. I wouls have a look at that

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: hotels / B&B near Bayridge?

Thanks you all for taking to time to reply. I will have a look at the suggestions

5. Re: hotels / B&B near Bayridge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 14:08