We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars and areas for a solo traveller

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
Bars and areas for a solo traveller

Hi team

I am staying in Brooklyn and I am looking for recommendations for a few good bars.

I'm a 35 year old guy and I'm not looking for clubs etc. Just a few good brew bars, dive bars and every other option.

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
1 review
1. Re: Bars and areas for a solo traveller

Mykimike25

What area / neighborhood of Brooklyn are you staying in? (It is pretty big)

Brooklyn, New York...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Bars and areas for a solo traveller

Hey! Yes, if you let us know your neighborhood, I'm happy to give loads of recommendations :)

I live in Williamsburg near the Lorimer L train and these are my favorites nearby in Williamsburg/Greenpoint:

Noorman's Kil (primarily a Whiskey bar, but they have a great beer selection, make grilled cheeses, also and a huge backyard, this is my neighborhood every day bar, not divey but not fancy either)

Burnside (my second local spot, haha. Huge beer selection and they also have great bar food too. Excellent cocktails, little backyard and a shuffleboard table)

Lucky Dog (super popular slightly divey bar on Bedford Ave, always lively and they let dogs in. Great people watching, huge beer selection)

Skinny Dennis (honky tonk themed bar, but cool, is divey. They usually have live folk music, lots of beer options, always fun)

Torst (Danish beer bar in Greenpoint, upscale but super cool and will have a really interesting selection)

Threes (Great restaurant/bar in Greenpoint with their own brewery)

Hope this helps! If you're elsewhere I am happy to give other recommendations.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Bars and areas for a solo traveller

Looking at either Williamsburg or Bushwick

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Bars and areas for a solo traveller

Caitlin gave a bunch of great Williamsburg suggestions. One destination in Bushwick that I’d throw into the mix is the Kings County Brewers Collective, near the Jefferson St L station. They always have interesting beers on tap, and it’s just a generally chill place to hang out - the kind of spot where people bring their dogs, play board games, etc.

My own stomping grounds are more in the Gowanus/South Slope area, so if you wind up there, I’d be happy to pass along more rec’s.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Bars and areas for a solo traveller

Thanks a lot 😁

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: Bars and areas for a solo traveller

If you do head up to KCBC, you're within walking distance of Interior and Grimm, two other excellent breweries in NYC.

A trip to Other Half is also am must do if you do like beer...

Reply to: Bars and areas for a solo traveller
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted