We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LGA to Bushwick

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
63 posts
179 reviews
LGA to Bushwick

Three of us are flying into LaGuardia and staying in Bushwick. What is a convenient and relatively inexpensive means of transport between the two?

Special Offer
New York City Explorer Pass
495 Reviews
from US$ 69.00*
US$ 89.00
New York Pass with Fast Track Access
526 Reviews
from US$ 119.04*
6 replies to this topic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,307 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: LGA to Bushwick

A cab will be on the meter. www.taxifarefinder.com

Car services like Carmel and Dial 7 will have a set fare.

You can plot public transportation routes at Google maps, citymapper, or the MTA website.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
27,073 posts
2. Re: LGA to Bushwick

If you tell us which hotel you’re staying at, we can help you with a public transit route, so you can decide if that makes sense for you.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
726 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: LGA to Bushwick

There is no convenient public transportation option from Laguardia to Bushwick. Your options depend on the exact hotel location, but you'd have to take the Q70 bus to the subway, then either take the train way out or the way by going into Manhattan first, or transfer between 3 trains.

With 3 people splitting a taxi, it's probably worth it. It's not that long of a drive by NYC standards.

Edited: 28 August 2018, 14:56
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: LGA to Bushwick

+1 for #3 above. I’m a big user of/advocate for public transportation to/from LGA, but getting to Bushwick from there is complicated and time-consuming. It’s not actually all that far, so a cab is your best bet. (However, be prepared to help the driver navigate, since many aren’t familiar with the area. That was my daughter’s experience when she met us at a Bushwick restaurant directly from the airport...it was pretty comical.)

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
63 posts
179 reviews
5. Re: LGA to Bushwick

We are staying in an AirBNB near the Bushwick Collective. Do Uber/Lyft go to the airport?

Edited: 01 September 2018, 04:32
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: LGA to Bushwick

Yes, both Uber and Lyft serve NYC airports. Prices are similar to cabs; if it were me, I’d just grab a regular yellow cab, since they’re right there...no need to seek out your car in all the airport traffic.

(Also, please do check on the legality of your Airbnb. To be legal, unless it’s a true apartment share with the host present, it needs to be in a 1- or 2-family building.)

Reply to: LGA to Bushwick
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brooklyn