We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must See/Do/Eat Suggestions for Brooklyn in April

Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Topic
Must See/Do/Eat Suggestions for Brooklyn in April

HI! My family (myself, husband, sons ages 7&10) will be spending 5 days in Greenpoint this Spring Break. I'm looking for suggestions of what must we see/do/eat while we are visiting Brooklyn. We love local, casual restaurants that serve yummy food. Also is there much to do on Coney Island, other than eating hot dogs, in April? Thanks!

New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$ 83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,372 reviews
from US$ 36.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Bateaux New York Dinner Cruise
380 reviews
from US$ 186.07*
Hudson's by World Yacht New York...
93 reviews
from US$ 99.99*
5 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must See/Do/Eat Suggestions for Brooklyn in April

Hi, Travelmom! There are tons of good, local places to eat in Greenpoint (and nearby Williamsburg). This isn't my neck of the woods, so I don't have a ton of recommendations, but here are a few Greenpoint faves:

Early - great coffee, even better breakfast sandwiches (considerably more expensive than your basic bodega bacon-egg-and-cheese, but worth splurging on at least once).

Polka Dot Cafe - adorable spot for Polish home cooking.

Peter Pan Donuts - cult favorite for old school donuts, always packed

Frankel's - Jewish deli, run by two hipster/musician brothers

Hungry? - tiny hole-in-the wall serving both Thai and New Orleans food (why? because the cook used to live in New Orleans)

Paulie Gee's - classic pizza place

As far as things to see/do, if you're there on a Saturday, try to fit the Brooklyn Flea/Smorgasburg in East River State Park for fun browsing, great people-watching, and an amazing collection of food vendors.

There's tons of interesting street art in the area, especially along the waterfront and in the industrial area (gritty but safe) on the east side of Mcguinness blvd by the Pulaski bridge.

You can get a nice view of Manhattan from the end of Manhattan av, by Newtown Creek...and an even better one if you walk or take the G train to Long Island City, Queens, and head for Gantry Plaza State Park.

Edited: 17 March 2017, 02:25
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must See/Do/Eat Suggestions for Brooklyn in April

Here's a link to the calendar for Luna Park (which operates most of the rides on Coney Island, though not the Wonder Wheel):

http://lunaparknyc.com/plan/park-hours/

I believe the Wonder Wheel is open weekends and school holidays (the 8th-18th in NYC) in April, but it's weather-dependent, so best to check if that's important to you.

Some people (including me) enjoy Coney Island even in the off season - you can always walk the boardwalk, admire the parachute jump (one of Brooklyn's icons) and take in the Russian atmosphere in Brighton Beach. But it leaves others cold. (There *are* always hotdogs, of course.)

For more on Brooklyn things to see and do, see this thread:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763…

Edited: 17 March 2017, 02:41
Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Must See/Do/Eat Suggestions for Brooklyn in April

Linda E- Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful list of info! It will definitely come in handy.

4. Re: Must See/Do/Eat Suggestions for Brooklyn in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 April 2017, 09:05

5. Re: Must See/Do/Eat Suggestions for Brooklyn in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 April 2017, 09:05

Reply to: Must See/Do/Eat Suggestions for Brooklyn in April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brooklyn