We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Brooklyn

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
188 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Brooklyn

Hello, I'll be driving my own car (2016 Infiniti) and staying at Bensonhurst end of March. I understand I'll be parking on the street. Someone recommended to have a bumper guard as my bumpers might be dented or scratched in those tight parallel spaces. I will be parking on the street for a few days and take the subway into the city. Should I invest in a bumper guard and they are around USD50 online. Do you recommend having one and what brand? The bumper guard is literally for one time usage as I rarely park in parallel spaces. Thanks a lot!

Mentioned in this post
Bensonhurst
Bensonhurst
16 Reviews
Brooklyn, NY
Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
8,619 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Parking in Brooklyn

I'm being a little funny here, but putting bumper guard on your car, with out of state plates, is like an invitation to some people to test it out :^)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Parking in Brooklyn

There is plenty of street parking in Bensonhurst. If you can opt for the bumper guard but it won't do much. Most scratches are from cars backing up into or pulling out of tight spaces, so they scratch the bumper curve. Unless it's an SUV, then it's above the bumper curve. In Bensonhurst this happens less because there is usually plenty of parking. In order to avoid being scratched, try to park in a space where there is a driveway in front of, or behind you. That will give other cars room to maneuver.

But if you are one of those people who hate hate hate scratches on the car... best to invest in a SELF-DIRECTED parking garage (where you do not give anyone your keys). If the garage is indoors and you give them the keys, the guys will move the car and scratch it.

Mentioned in this post
Bensonhurst
Bensonhurst
16 Reviews
Brooklyn, NY
13. Re: Parking in Brooklyn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2018, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Brooklyn