We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels to stay to access by subway to New York City center.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Topic
Hotels to stay to access by subway to New York City center.

Any good recommendation for Hotel in Brooklyn to stay and easy access by Metro to New York City Center. budget around USD160/.Preferably stay around City Center.

Special Offer
New York City Explorer Pass with...
479 Reviews
from US$ 84.00*
US$ 89.00
Special Offer
New York Pass with Fast Track...
510 Reviews
from US$ 119.04*
US$ 124.00
New York "Best of Brooklyn" Half-Day...
539 Reviews
from US$ 112.50*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,794 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels to stay to access by subway to New York City center.

I can't tell what you mean by "city center." What are your travel dates? And why Brooklyn if you want to visit Manhattan?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels to stay to access by subway to New York City center.

I will be visiting on end April and intend to stay 4 nights. Staying in Brooklyn is cheaper and better rating for hotel there. And I intend to go New York for sight seeing during my visit everyday. Since Subway is so effection in New York . I decide to stay in Brooklyn. Any good recommendation?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,794 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels to stay to access by subway to New York City center.

Well located hotels in Brooklyn aren't usually cheaper than Manhattan. I suggest you post your EXACT dates and budget in the New York City forum and let the hotel experts help you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18,083 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels to stay to access by subway to New York City center.

Brooklyn is huge and haas dozens of different neighborhoods with more than 2 million people. The hotels with good prices you are seeing may be at the end of hell and gone. Usually the nice ones in a good location are not much cheaper than Manhattan. Do provide dates - and confirm this is for only one person or if there are more - to help you.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,956 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels to stay to access by subway to New York City center.

I'll help.

OP is arriving April 30 with his wife, staying 4 nights. Trying to stay under $200 all-in, per night.

He was originally booked in Hotel Pennsylvania and has wisely taken the advice to find somewhere else to stay.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels to stay to access by subway to New York City center.

Some reasonably convenient Brooklyn hotels that are within or close to your budget for your dates (all found on kayak.com):

Even Hotel in downtown Brooklyn has a promotional rate that comes to $218 with taxes.

Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown also has a promotional rate that comes to just under $200 with taxes.

Wyndham Garden Brooklyn Sunset Park is $195, including taxes. The location is farther from Manhattan than downtown Brooklyn choices would be, but it's close to an express subway stop.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels to stay to access by subway to New York City center.

Thanks to all for your help . I will go through all these hotels.

8. Re: Hotels to stay to access by subway to New York City center.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2018, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Brooklyn