We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quirky Hotels, B&B's

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quirky Hotels, B&B's

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a quirky hotel or B&B for our night in Fort Smith. Life is too short to stay in a standard hotel. Is there anything unique that can be recommended. Always looking for cool places that my little girls will remember.

Thanks,

Angela

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quirky Hotels, B&B's

I have stayed at Beland Manor B&B.

www.fort-smith.net It has been a few years but it looks about the same on the website. If it still has the same owners, they ran it well and were very nice. They do discriminate against children under 8, I do not know how old your kids are. If you can stay an hour or so away from Fort Smith, there are some intriguing choices. The most fun place for your kids would be Mt Magazine State Park Lodge or Cabins. This is Arkansas's newest and most beautiful State Park lodging facility. They have an indoor pool and the best views in Arkansas. One place I have always wanted to stay is in the middle of the grape vines at Chateau Aux Winery in Altus Arkansas. It is also just under an hour from Ft Smith. They have a BB unit called the chateau. The site is: www.chateauauxarc.com Another place which intrigues me is Subiaco, a Catholic monastery and boarding school, also within an hour away. Though this is a historic property, the lodging appears more college dorm-like and is in a newer building. The overall experience there is supposed to be very pleasant, though I have not stayed overnight.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quirky Hotels, B&B's

While Beland Manor B & B sounds really nice (read about it in my 'Arkansas - Off the Beaten Path' book), have to agree that the lodge at Mount Magazine would probably be the ticket. If you're not out-right set on staying in Fort Smith, I'd go to Mount Magazine. Plenty of space for kids to run around. The sunset's and sunrise's at Mount Magazine are amazing. The pool area is beautiful, and was empty the night we were there. The whole lodge is just really, really nice. The rooms have tv's that you can order movies or play video games on. The lodge has a restaurant. Breakfasts are pretty good and varied, great chocolate gravy. Of course, there are trails to hike and look-out points to stop at. There is also a nice visitor's center, (some nice shopping there as well) down the road. www.mountmagazinestatepark.com

For some info on staying at Subiaco: www.subi.org/abbey/couryfacilities.htm

3. Re: Quirky Hotels, B&B's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 03:50
Get answers to your questions about Fort Smith