We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Savannah in February

Michigan
Level Contributor
439 posts
50 reviews
Weather in Savannah in February

We would like to spend our wnter vacation , in Mid-February in Savannah, Georgia. Is it warm enough? We want a warm place! We like to walk everywhere Please let us know if it is warm enough to be outdoors al day in Savannah in February.

7 replies to this topic
Decatur, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,650 posts
126 reviews
1. Re: Weather in Savannah in February

Yep. Especially for someone from Michigan. Daytime temps in the 50s and 60s.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Weather in Savannah in February

Yup, not quite bathing suit weather but way warmer than up north. We start snowbirding there this coming Winter and will be happy to avoid 99% of the ice and snow we are used to in February. You may wake up to pretty cool mornings but within a couple of hours, you will get your 50s or 60s.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: Weather in Savannah in February

Agree with both of the above post.

Michigan
Level Contributor
439 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Weather in Savannah in February

Is there any chane for snow or ice? We are leaving Michigan in order to enjoy suny weather1 We need a break from the snow and the ice and the cold...

Please let us know if Savannah will provide this nice break...

Thanks!

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
5. Re: Weather in Savannah in February

"Is there any chane for snow or ice?"

No.

Well, maybe 1% chance.

I've had about a dozen snowflakes fall on me one January day. Total. 12.

There have been freak snowfalls on the coast but they happen once every decade of so. The snow melts in a day or two IF it accumulated at all.

Michigan
Level Contributor
120 posts
194 reviews
6. Re: Weather in Savannah in February

From one Michigander to another, I'd say go for it. We've spent the last two Christmases in Savannah, and hope to go again this year. We've been there in February and were fine. We've had sweatshirt weather but not bundle up in winter gear and freeze weather, like in good ole Michigan. I hope you'll have a wonderful time.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Weather in Savannah in February

Can anyone tell us when the sand gnats are the worst on beaches. We are thinking of camping on Cumberland Island last weekend in March. Any repellants successful?

Reply to: Weather in Savannah in February
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted