We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday Celebration

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Birthday Celebration

We will probably fly from Philly to Savannah Sunday/Monday Oct. 20/21st until Friday Oct. 26th..airfare/hotels are cheaper if we don’t stay over a weekend. We are both 62 yo....husband will celebrate is 63rd Birthday Oct. 22nd...recommendations for a nice dinner please? It seems the Historic District is the recommended area....we weren’t planning on renting car but this area seems really expensive! Any other recommendations? Thank you..

Best Seller
Savannah Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
217 Reviews
from US$ 33.00*
Savannah Culinary and Cultural...
369 Reviews
from US$ 53.95*
Best Seller
Savannah Riverboat Cruises
1,088 Reviews
from US$ 27.50*
7 replies to this topic
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,763 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday Celebration

The historic district is the place to be. If you don't stay there, you'll need to rent a car to drive back and forth from the airport or Midtown locations.

My choice for a birthday dinner would be the Pink House.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday Celebration

Yes stay in the HD. Preferably in or near the N.W. part of the HD. close to restaurants, museum, museum houses, City Market, Visitor Center ( also has RR museum and Battlefield Park next door. ) and access to River St. Great month to visit. Suggest the River House Seafood Restaurant on River St. Excellent food. Have some of the local shrimp no matter where they have them.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday Celebration

Thank you...can you give me an idea of which hotels are in the nw area?

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,763 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday Celebration

I prefer hotels on the eastern side - and the majority of the ones on the TA list of top hotels are on the eastern side. If you are looking for loud, late night partying kind of atmosphere, stay in the NW side near City Market. Otherwise, pick from the wonderful hotels throughout the historic district. It just depends on what you prefer. Savannah has wonderful hotels and wonderful restaurants throughout the HD. Different people like different things. In any case, the HD is small and any place in the HD is an easy walk to any other place. If you can walk a mile, you can negotiate the HD. And if you can't, call a fun pedicab to come pick you up.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday Celebration

Thanks..

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday Celebration

Hi Niecy,

It sort of depends on how you define nice dinner? Do you want something quiet & romantic? Lively and maybe a bit loud? Something with a nice view? What type food are you looking for - American, Southern, Italian, Asian, Steak, Seafood, etc?. There are SO many choices here. I can chime in and I'm sure others will as well. Let us know how to point you in the right direction. :)

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Birthday Celebration

Southern or seafood.....a nice view would be awesome....ty.

Reply to: Birthday Celebration
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Savannah
Recent Conversations