We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian food near Inner Harbor?

Maui Hawaii
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian food near Inner Harbor?

What is the best restaurant near the Inner Harbor to find good Vegetarian food? Also, which organic food stores are closest to the Inner Harbor? I am helping a friend who will be traveling there in May. Thanks.

Sue Salisbury

Maui Hawaii

Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
435 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian food near Inner Harbor?

We went to a place yesterday that is near the Inner Harbor but on the side opposite the aquarium, so I don't know if it is farther away than what you are looking for. My daughter is vegetarian so we are always looking for restaurants with good vegetarian food. It is called Baba's Mediterranean Kitchen and is a small hole in the wall type of place, but the food was very good with many vegetarian options. Here is their website: http://www.babaskitchen.net/index.php

Maui Hawaii
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian food near Inner Harbor?

Cruiser620,

Thank you so much for the great tip. I took a look at the menu and it sounds perfect. Aloha, Sue Salisbury

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
159 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian food near Inner Harbor?

Yes! Baba's is a neighborhood favorite. Enjoy.

There is also a Whole Foods market in the inner harbor (Harbor East) for your friend to do organic food shopping.

Maui Hawaii
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegetarian food near Inner Harbor?

JerseyGirlinBmore,

Appreciate the confirmation. I am adding Baba's and Whole Foods to my list of recommended places to eat and shop. I know my friend will love a neighborhood favorite and I'll let you know how it worked out after his visit.

Aloha, Sue Salisbury, Maui

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
869 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegetarian food near Inner Harbor?

Not sure how far you want to travel from the safety of the Inner Harbor but if you take a light rail trip north to Cultural Center stop you can hit Land of Kush. It might be a bit out of your comfort zone on the outside but once you step in it's a wonderful place: mind body and spirit. http://www.thelandofkush.com/

I would second Baba's as well.

Maui Hawaii
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegetarian food near Inner Harbor?

Gravitron, Thanks. I checked the link you kindly supplied and it does look like a great place. Impressive that they were voted BALTIMORE'S BEST VEGAN RESTAURANT 2011. Light Rail sounds like fun. Sue Salisbury

7. Re: Vegetarian food near Inner Harbor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:47