We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks in Seaside

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Fireworks in Seaside

Hi...we'll be camping at Fort Stevens State Park for independence day this year. Where is the best place to view the fireworks at Seaside? We'll have 4 adults and 4 kids with us. Thanks in advance for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Fort Stevens State Park
Fort Stevens State Park
945 Reviews
Astoria, OR
3 replies to this topic
Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks in Seaside

The fireworks are directly in front of the Broadway St turn-around. We always parked on the north side of Broadway and set up our chairs along the seawall on N Prom, within a couple blocks of Broadway. Lots of people set up on the beach, have a fire, etc. Traffic will be very slow getting out of Seaside and my best advice is to follow Necanicum Dr north to 12th Ave. It's furthest north bridge across the river and 12th Ave has a lighted intersection onto Hwy 101. The scariest thing about the traffic (to me) is trying to turn left onto Hwy 101 from any of the intersections without traffic lights! I notice the Seasideor.com site says: "It is recommended that visitors find parking on the east side of the Necanicum river, in order to avoid a 60 – 90 minute exit time after the show. Please only park in legally designated parking areas and avoid private property."

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks in Seaside

And it gets cold! Be sure to bring sweatshirts/jackets.

Level Contributor
38,052 posts
1,002 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks in Seaside

Be prepared for large crowds.... this is the most popular firework show on the Oregon Coast. It is amazing! :)

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Fireworks in Seaside
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Astoria