We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superbowl

Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Superbowl

My husband and I are going to be in town for a weekend to explore the city.

We are looking for a fun sports bar that we can watch the Super Bowl at. We don't mind taking a cab/UBER if it's further from our hotel, as long as it's an entertaining place to watch the game.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Superbowl

Hi there,

I'm sorry that no one has answered you yet! We typically watch the superbowl with friends, so I'm not really up on where the most fun would be, but I would say to consider one of the places at the Jacksonville Landing. Maybe Chicago Pizza and Sports Grill. The Landing is a complex right on the river and tends to have a lot of fun action when there's something big going on (like the Superbowl). It will be a lively crowd. Keep in mind, I have not been to the Landing for Superbowl, so this is my best guess. I'm hoping someone else will weigh in here!

I hope you enjoy your weekend in Jax!

Vicki

Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Superbowl

Thanks Vicki! We usually watch it with friends as well, so a bar will be a new thing for us!

We might try Jacksonville Sports Tavern? Have you been there?

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Superbowl

Hey there - no, I have not been there or heard anything about it (good or bad), but in looking at it, you may want to call to make sure that they will be open. It looks like they time their opening hours around actual games taking place in the sports venues here in town. I couldn't find actual hours posted on their website, so a quick call might be a good idea.

Vicki

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
296 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Superbowl

I'd recommend Mellow Mushroom in Avondale or Kickbacks in Riverside. Wherever you decide, plan on going early so that you'll have a seat.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Superbowl

And to add to that - Mellow Mushroom has awesome pizza and pretty good drink specials. :)

6. Re: Superbowl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2017, 10:47