We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one?

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Topic
Which one?

We will be vacationing in Florida in October and was wondering which Alligator Farm is the best to visit. Gatorland in Polk City or Alligator Farm Zoological Park in St. Augustine? Anyone been to both?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one?

Alligator Farm in St. Augustine is world renown. Can't recommend it enough. I believe it's the only alligator farm in the world that has every species of alligator and crocodile. A lot of history here, too.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one?

Sorry, I mean Orlando for Gatorland.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one?

Still think the one in St. Augustine.

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
287 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which one?

Agree. Alligator Farm is best.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which one?

Also, with the Alligator Farm, you have some really good food options: The Tasting Room, The Floridian, Present Moment Cafe, etc. Orlando is fun and all, and they do have some decent food, but the three above-mentioned restaurants are some of the best in the area.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which one?

Alligator Farm! Plus, I think they have a zip line over one of the gator ponds...not sure I would do that! And since I haven't been there in a little while, I could be wrong about the zip line, but I think I saw it in a commercial. You would definitely enjoy the St. Augustine location!

Vicki

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which one?

The Alligator Farm in St Augustine does have a zip line adventure that goes over the alligator pits.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which one?

Thanks everyone but I guess I should have stated that we are not interested in doing zip lines. We've already done zips in Mexico!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which one?

The Alligator Farm in St. Augustine is awesome!!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which one?

The zip line is irrelevant to which one is actually better...I think you would still enjoy the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine with or without the zip. That's just a newer addition that has some visitors a little freaked out...zipping over a pond of hungry gators...I'll just watch!

Vicki