We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early March trip

Minnesota
Level Contributor
61 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
early March trip

I'll be visiting during the first week in March. I recognize that some of the amenities and features are closed or have reduced hours. I like to visit touristy spots in the off-season, so that doesn't bother me. I've read through the official web site and poked around these forums. It isn't discussed much. I'm setting aside up to 2 days because I will be wanting to get out of my car and walk around the battlefield quite a bit, which I assume is allowed. I'm from MN so whatever the weather is, I suspect it will be milder than what I'm used to.

Anything else I should know about visiting during this time of year?

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: early March trip

It's been a real mild winter here for a change, anything is possible for your visit, temps in the 60's to snow. You certainly can drive through the park, park and walk at your lesiure, there are tour maps available at the Visitors Center. I would suggest hiring a Licensed Battlefield guide that will show you the park. They have vast amounts of knowledge and you can really get an understanding of the 3 day battle. Apart from that, any type of tour, by bus, segway, horesback or an audio tour in your car will give you an overview as well.

Not sure where you plan on staying, but there are some great hotels and B&B's in town to make walking through town, dining and touring very convienent.

Enjoy your visit, any questions, please ask away.

Edited: 24 February 2012, 19:14
Minnesota
Level Contributor
61 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: early March trip

I'm off! Thanks for the info. I did book a guide. It looks like you have some good weather waiting!

3. Re: early March trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:47
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg