My brother and I had planned to fly down to Atlanta this weekend (April 4-7). We went down to the airport this morning to check in for our flight, only to find out that it was cancelled due to the bad weather there. My other brother, who lives in Atlanta, had found this airfare on Expedia.com and my uncle had paid for it with his credit card.
We spend the whole morning going back and forth between the airline, and talking to my brother and my uncle on my cellphone. There was a 2 o'clock flight on AirTran that was overbooked and we couldn't get put on standby. The flight after that (the one that they put is on) was supposed to leave out of Philadelphia at 5:22 pm and get into Atlanta at about twenty=five minutes to 8. If we had taken that flight, we would have been hanging around the Philadelphia airport all day long, it would have killed our whole weekend, and then we just decided to simply go home. AirTran did credit the fare and the credit is good for a whole year.
In a way, I'm glad that we did because there's a severe thunderstorm warning and a tornado watch down there today. Supposed those other two flights were either delayed or cancelled. I decided to wait until October to go there, and hopefully, there won't be any severe weather threats there at that time. But when I do, I am going to call and check to make sure that the flight is going to leave on time. I don't want to have to go through this again.
If anybody else has had problems with getting flights out of Philadelphia, especially in bad weather, please feel free to let me know.