We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamburgers

Baltimore
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hamburgers

I am looking for suggestions for the best place to have a burger and fries in Manhatten? I am sure there are a million but which is the best!

NYC baby!
Level Contributor
379 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamburgers

I don't know if it's possible to agree on the best anything in NYC! That said, I highly recommend the hamburger and shoestring fries at The Spotted Pig.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamburgers

Lots of people say Shake Shack is their favourite but I thought the burgers there were just ok. Corner Bistro and Five Napkin Burger are others I've heard good things about but haven't been myself... next time! To be honest the best burger I've had in New York was unexpectedly from a hockey bar (The Flying Puck) which I don't think is particularly renowned for its food. I guess it's all down to personal preference and the luck of the draw sometimes.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
7,967 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hamburgers

Shake Shack is legendary but here's the thing, the different Shake Shacks are of different quality. The ones in Madison Square and Battery Park are, in my mind, MUCH better than the one in Times Square, for instance.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,557 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hamburgers

[speaking with a Spanish accent]

I don't normally eat burgers but when I do, I go to Island Burgers and Shakes on 9th ave.

Stay hungry my friends.

[end of Spanish accent]

They really got great burgers, and... you guessed it.. Amazing churrascos. Have fun

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hamburgers

Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridien gets great reviews. That's one I plan to check out on my trip.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,272 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hamburgers

Five Napkin Burgers! I normally do not order burgers in resturants, but thought I would give the "Original" burger at Five Napkins a try. Wow!!! Now, when I make them at home, I make them like this place...or as close as I can get anyway. Really, really good! Great FF's too.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
286 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hamburgers

We met some friends that live in NY City for dinner one night on our recent trip and went to a place called Resto. It is on 29th between Lexington & Park Avenue. The burger there was excellent! My hubby said it was the best burger he's ever eaten. I don't think it's on their menu since it's suppposed to be their specialty. It came with fries that were pretty tasty as well!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
258 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hamburgers

The Burger Joint in the Le Parker Meridien is soooo good!

9. Re: Hamburgers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 06:47